Wish list for WW for Dragonflight

I know the next expansion is a long way away, but I thought I would create a sort of Wishlist for what could change for the spec.

To be fair I really like how it plays currently, and there isn’t much I would change to be honest. If I had to pick one thing maybe get rid of tiger palm, it kind of feels like we have 2 fillers with tiger and blackout kick.

Maybe just make blackout kick the default filler, get rid of tiger palm, and give whirling dragon punch a baseline ability and maybe a new talent in it’s place or talent tree.

I would also like to trade some of our big aoe for a little more single target, in both BFA and in SL WW single target for prolonged raid fights has been abysmal, making it a go to for arena, pvp in general and mythic +.

But I would also like to raid with it, and since most fights in a raid are single target encounters I would like to decrease the aoe a bit and make them more viable single target. That may break pvp or arena, but they could just balance the dmg out for pvp vs pve and I think it would be fine.

Maybe also slightly increase the range of fist of furry by like a really small amount too, like 3 yards or so, maybe that is too much but having your tank drag the boss in a raid really quickly away while you are channeling it and out of range feels a bit bad.

Other than that there really isn’t much I would change with the spec. But what are your thoughts or wishes?

Nunchuck transmogs. It’s a shame we don’t have them yet.

1 Like

To be perfectly honest, our aoe does not need to be toned down to give us more ST. We’re not that far ahead of other strong aoe specs, but we’re certainly far behind every other spec’s ST.

As for Dragonflight, the things I would like to see off the top of my head include WDP baseline, a significant buff to serenity, and bdb / woo as talents.

WDP no longer locking you in place during its animation.
Chi Burst instant cast.

Faster FoF or being able to TP during FoF.

Remove summoned pets.

Remove Mark of the Crane.

Mastery Rework for cool nature chi damage.

2 Likes

Im always going to be wish they bring back Legion monk, or at the very least give us back ToD the way it was in Legion.

2 Likes

My friend, the only agreeable idea here is “Remove Summoned Pets.”

Part of the point of FoF is some downtime to allow energy to recharge. A better proposal would be to drop TP cost by 10 (so it’d be back to MoP levels) or return EE as a baseline ability (like in MoP). Or if you were worried about energy capping out, our base energy cap could be increased like it was in Legion.

Removing MotC simplifies WW AoE too much. What should have been done already was to revert it back to Legion strength where it was a 50% damage boost to SCK a mark with uncapped targets on your marks and SCK.

The mastery rework you’ve described is basically what we have now, but with more pizzaz.

Personally, I like the “version” of ToD we get the Xuen. However, I despise Xuen as a CD. Hopefully, we get some kind of different CD like Avatar of Xuen where it kinda acts like Shaman Ascendence and we get the damage building thing as a passive effect like it is atm while the CD is active.

2 things

1. handwrap weapons that go from the hand up the forearm

2. redo the whole mistweaver class.

get rid of the hot concept or you have to make the hots ticker harder.

dps is is very, very high, and in pvp mistweavers cant shelter team mates, where as others healers can heal through burst.

ie if theres 50k damage in coming and 1 healer can chunk heal, the mistweavers hots have to be able to compete.

the other idea is to make the mistweaver similar to warhamner doks and warpriests…

where damage done is healing recieved.
not like the piss poor fistweaving, but true hardcore heals via any damage source