Wish list for general changes

In general, I do like the changes to professions but I think there’s a heap of room for improvement.

First I’m disappointed there’s nothing besides UI and pattern additions planned for 10.0.7 and 10.1. I was expecting Blizz to keep some momentum going with profession improvements.

Ranks - Im not a big fan of having ranks for all mats and crafts… It’s pretty bloated and quickly makes 2/3rd of profession items basically trash. Id prefer expertise in a profession just stuck to multicrafting and reduction in materials. Maybe a good crafter can make items with more durability or something nice but without making anything below max ilvl useless.

Work orders - Big fan of the idea of work orders but unsatisfied with implementation. As it stands all it does it simplify the trade of items for craft. It doesnt help find a crafter or make it more accessible. Im still stuck spamming trade chat looking for recraft. Would be nice to have some way to find a crafter outside of trade chat atleast. Alternatively make public order usable without fear of blowing all your mats on the lowest ilvl craft!
As an Alchemist work orders are non-existent. I would have thought this would have been addressed by now. I cannot believe this is working as intended.

What else would people like to be done? I think the changes to professions are unique and something blizz can build upon. I know theres been a few requests for BoP items to be changed to BoE, which would be another solution but Id like to see work orders be more of a shop front for crafters instead of having to visit an AH.

Ranks are dumb. Especially 5 ranks? Really, what were they thinking? Just make a long cooldown modified by crafting speed and/or mettle mats for crafting failure. Which anything below a R3 is, arguably anything below a R4 really.

A big one for me is the ability to see skill added from crafting materials independent from my own skills.

I feel like crafting tools are massively overbloated on the mats required. ie 40 of the rarest ore is a tad excessive for a pickaxe.