WIP List of Characters that Are Probably Dreadlords

Please do not plagiarize this research without providing adequate citation. Thank you.

Subject One: Lady Moonberry
Reason: Super sus. Super creepy. Makes light out of traumatic situations and inflicts inconveniences on others for fun. Moonberry’s sadistic tendencies are in line with common dreadlord personality types. Also has wings. Never trust anyone with wings.

Subject Two: Ji Firepaw
Reason: It is scientifically impossible to be this much of a derp. The world has written off Ji as some sort of irrelevant but lovable doofus, yet this is precisely what makes his infiltration as a dreadlord particularly effective. Nobody pays any attention to Ji Firepaw these days, and he doesn’t seem to have that much to do. But that’s exactly what he wants you to think.

Subject Three: Zekhan/Zappiboi
Reason: Zappiboi showed up out of nowhere one day and instantaneously became beloved through the power of memes. Except it wasn’t memes: it was dreadlord mental domination.

Subject Four: Basic Campfire
Reason: Similar reasoning to Zappiboi. Basic Campfire enjoys a great deal of popularity within the community, but hasn’t actually done anything to earn it due to reasons of being a basic campfire. So why does everyone love it? Dreadlord mental domination.

Subject Five: Varok Saurfang
Reason: Saurfang used to be the chaddest of all orcs. Random travelers in the Barrens would make up stories of his exploits, but his most recent appearance has changed his character into a gigantic sad-sack. It is likely he was replaced with a dreadlord who was a theater major in college in order to garner sympathy and ultimately split the Horde in half. As he was a theater major, this was literally the only gig he could land that paid well. He succeeded, but was so committed to his role that he accidentally got merced by Sylvanas. Oops.

Subject Six: Mal’Ganis
Reason: Sort of looks like a dreadlord, but results are inconclusive. Needs additional data.

Subject Seven: Meerah the Vulpera
Reason: Meerah initially attempts to exert psychic dominance over adventurers during the Vol’dun storyline through her “enchanting” song, but her attempt is interrupted by the zandalari troll in the wagon. Frustrated by this, she invents a toy that projects a more complete version of her song and sends them to random people in Azeroth. Anyone who plays it is complicit in aiding Meerah’s goal of achieving complete psychic domination over Azeroth.

Subject Eight: Scrollsage Nola
Reason: How do you lull potential victims into a false sense of security? By pretending to be old, slow, and helpless. By all accounts, Scrollsage Nola seems like she wouldn’t hurt a fly, but she has no qualms against sending you to wreak absolute havoc against the populations of prey/predator populations and even hires you to assassinate mercenaries on Mechagon island. Scrollsage Nola might cheer when other turtles make it to the water, but this turtle has certainly made it to the slaughter.

Subject Nine: T’paartos
Reason: T’paartos!

Subject Ten: Baine Bloodhoof
Reason: Nobody likes this guy, but he insists on being a main character anyway, and we are powerless to say “No, Baine, we don’t want to do things with you.” Pretty sus.

22 Likes

The adherents to Life are the most insidious of opponents, perhaps because their nature is so antithetical to our own.

Still, we learned much from observing the link between their plane and Ardenweald, and we have high confidence that a vulnerability has been identified.

Our operative has already gained the trust of her target.

You might be on to something lol

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain Mortis is a Dreadlord.

7 Likes

I’m more of a Dead lord lol

10 Likes

I KNEW something was off about Baine.

1 Like

Hey !
you should not be insulting the great and wonderful Lady Moonberry. She who rules over all of us in her great and wonderful playfulness

1 Like

Subject Eleven - Bromwick

Reason - Quick to accuse others. Denies our Lord and Master Campfire. Dresses like a demon.

Verdict - Obvious dreadlord. Flagged for immediate banishment. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I know this thread is a joke but I definitely think something’s up with Moonberry lol

2 Likes

Jaina
Jaina’s mom
Jaina’s dad
Jaina’s siblings
Jaina’s offspring (if they ever come to be)
And of course, last but not least, Calia Menethil

1 Like

Wait, so Jaina can s no longer considered a Dreadlord? Disappointed.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree. She’s such a sadistic thing, despite her cute demeanor.

1 Like

I’ve been suspicious of basic campfire for years.

5 Likes

More like Dead-Sexy Lord, if I may say so myself.

Bwahahah! But dreadlords are no longer demons! Thanks to one of many in-universe retcons, my demon cosplay is no longer a dreadlord cosplay!

Also, this outfit came largely from the Ebon Blade. If you have issues with their stylistic choices, take it up with them.

I am a big fan of this pun. I see you and I appreciate you.

4 Likes

I am kind of suspicious of Drea D. Lord.

3 Likes

Mora Lee Gray is pretty sus too.

1 Like

Everyone. Everyone’s a dreadlord.

The obvious answer is Topper McNabb in Stormwind. No actual living soul can beg in Stormwind and survive that long when the Champions of the Alliance cannot physically give you money. On top of that he mentions “burgers” but no such thing seems to exist in Azeroth.

You are amazing.

How is Jaina not on the list OP? Dreadlord Jaina is a optional bnet profile avatar.

2 Likes

What about that big gold guy with the wings that was hanging around the Paladin class hall in Legion?

Clearly a dreadlord in transmog.

1 Like