Wintergrasp Vehicles

I think demo/sieges should do less damage to players, but catapault flamethrower doing high damage is fine.

i assume this is why you post on an alt. actual pro tip: if you have to armory someone to look for ad hominem material you’ve already lost. stupid opinions are stupid regardless of the poster’s rating.

1 Like

I wonder if the demo damage scales with gear. Our health pools will be 350k or so at the end of this patch.

Regardless demo damage is still too high. Part of me likes breaking up the monotony with the tanks/rpgs/cannons but at the same time the damage is still a little silly and op has a fair point.

Saying “just get behind them” isn’t valid here because a demo ram ability has a fairly large hit raidus. Couple that with latency and even the best player will still get rammed and shot.

The whole BG is a little wonky imo. Defense with 16 demos sitting in the keep is near impossible to penetrate and overcome. At that point you are waiting out the match.

1 Like

Get some rpg… sit on a rise and blast them.

I suggest anyone that gets bored in wintergrasp to do the following.

Any combo of elixir of giant growth, world shrinker, smite’s compass. Bigger you are the better.

Get on the meat wagon mount from preordering wc3 reforged.

Make a /mountspecial macro.

Run at the enemy and spam macro. Watching defensives get popped and people run away like you’re deathwing is fun. If you charge at the enemy raid of course you will be one shot. Find the players off to the side or small scale battles.

I do think there may be too many vehicles for a 40v40 version. The number of vehicles was fine when the battles were 80v80 or more, but not sure it works for the bg version.

I suggested in the Epic Battleground Feedback thread that a possible change could be to reduce the number of vehicles you get per battlefield workshops to 3 (down from 4) and 2 for keep workshops. This means the most vehicles a defending team could have would be 16, down from 24. Offense could only ever have 12, down from 16.

I think that would make it much less vehicle focused - I don’t think Wintergrasp should ever have more than half a team be a vehicle.

I’d also tone down the damage vehicles do, but buff their health to make them more tank like.

1 Like

I gotta get one of your demos. Most of the ones I hop on are squishy as crap and only hit for like 30k.

I could get on board with all this. :+1:

1 Like

ad hominem material… where have i seen this before…

i dont think you understand what ad hominem means

Well sir, if you charge as a melee towards a bunch of Demos and Catapults…

2 Likes

That’s what he’s saying… demo damage is too high preventing player vs player.

Player’s can’t get anywhere near demos unless they can overwhelm them in a raid group. Like what Bynir said, lowering the damage and buffing their hp would be a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

As a DK i fill them with Diseases and spawn the Abomination, as a mage I do most damage that i can, as well as a Warlock, as a druid i heal the DPS and some of the Tanks too. However, each demo is mostly like a mini boss that requires some strategic way of dealing with them before they deal with you.

I think people are missing my point, that being the demo damage is too high.

I don’t PvP to try to kill “mini raid bosses” I PvP to vs other player characters.

Anybody can solo a demo, the problem comes when you’re basically useless when 3+ demos unless you have a vehicle with you.

As I said strands demos were never this bad, the damage of them atm is too high due to the scaling in place.

2 Likes

Just seems to complicated

There is a point that you need demos too.

WG is kinda why I don’t do epics as much anymore. It takes way too long and the vehicle damage makes it more player vs siege than pvp.

If they tuned down the tank things and somehow shortened the games I’d be happy to play it again. Had a real good attacking win one time so I have hope.

1 Like

Oh sure, but make them have more HP and need to be defended not make the demos themselves do 80k a tick.

If you want them to continue to do the same damage to walls etc, that’s fine. The point of the battleground should be to defend the demos/sieges to take out the walls/defend the fort. Not to play robot wars and just do demos vs demos all day.

1 Like

I understand your point of view, however, let´s say they nick the damage to half what it is, let´s say, 40 k. I dont have a lot of Equipment, but my HP is at 242 k, it would take for one demo, 6 direct shots, with me AFK for it to kill me, given the fact that some tanks have up to 500 k health on this patch, that would need about 12 shots from one demo, even if the demos do the same damage to walls, the durability of everyone would be more than double due to CDS, making demos totally useless, and able to be overwhelmed easily by the enemy.

1 Like

i wonder if a troop transport would help, something that can carry like 12 people and rush through courtyard choke-points when they have 12 demos inside all firing at the choke.

the damage of demos is fine, they should hurt when they hit you because its heavy artillery, not paintball.