Wintergrasp tenacity is not enough to even the odds

I’ve been in countless WG’s on the horde side since Cata Release, (this even was a problem in WoTLK)

Every single one we are outnumbered 120 alliance to 20-40 horde.

Tenacity also is just not enough for us to be able to do anything. Sure we can get a couple of kills. When you have 40 alliance swarming you CC locking you (even as a pally with so many options to remove CC) its just never winable.

Tenacity buff also seems to dwindle even if the # of horde players stays consistent. I watched it go from 16 to 10 with no increase on the horde side, it was stuck at 33 of us and dropped to 10 over the course of a couple of minutes.

Something needs to be done. This is insane. I haven’t won a WG in so long because of the drastic difference in alliance vs horde.

3 Likes

it’s an easy solution. they just dont want to do it.

implement a titan-affiliated faction and an elemental-affiliated faction and when a palyer queues up, he gets dropped in the faction with fewer players.

Counterstrike had this in 2000. it’s not rocket science.

1 Like

Sounds like you should get good. Hur durr zugs are the pvp faction how can it be we lose every bg now? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

My warr in classic in 2019, who would be playing Cata right now if i continued after wotlk, had something like 200+ AVs played, with like 35 wins.
I would have to login to take a screenshot, but you can see in the Statistics panel.

That was the reality of Alliance in classic, now theyre getting revenge all these years later in WG.

Seems to be working as intended :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen the mismatche when they get defence.

A common mistake made is they leave almost no one on defence and we’ve rolled right in.

they get 40 peeps, 35 are off to hit a tower. And most alliance knows with tenacity for this they are mini-raid bosses. zerg the 5 defenders, roll in while rez at gy.

now 20 people staying would be 20 raid bosses. Split east/west or focus fire if we push to one side.

It go better for them. As alliance gets its idjuts, bots, people off killing npc’s for kill 10 quest. And the usual catapult trolls.

1 Like

Raid bosses not so much, at least it does not feel that way even with 15 tenacity.

Even with 400k hp, you just get rolled over.

I can get a couple of kills but when there are 7+ alliance you just get CC chained. Fear/stunlocked/snared/silenced/ etc. I’m not getting immune to stuns. Theres really not much to be able to do. Just continuously getting micro stunned into oblivion.

It’s incredibly frustrating. I’ve spent time trying to communicate with groups but most of the time people don’t listen or give up immediately.

I do my best to basically sacrifice my life to kill vehicles but the CC chaining really gives you no chance against 50+ enemy players.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear yah. Its in a bad spot, wg.

its getting old seeing it as alliance. I don’t want steam rolls. I am one those oddballs who likes tol barads that get full runs of the clock (towers killed too). Now we get to mash it up longer. Nice.

If its going to be like this…we could skip the battle and jsut mail the honor damn near as I see it. Neither side has to be there really.

Or knock this down to 40 on 40 like retail.

Or…merc mode it. I’d not care if the others wore masks.

1 Like

queue last 10-15mins as a 5 man premade, youll be 5 v 120 but you can get so many kills you’ll end up getting more honor than the winning alliance side. Saw it many times.

2 Likes

And it makes some on alliance rage too. I’ve seen it. It is some entertaining reads too.

Some forget or don’t know how tenacity works. 5 man pulls…now they are broke as hell raid bosses.

Its funny as hell to watch actually. Both the actual one shot carnage and the chat blowing up. WG has gone to crap so I get my entertainment how I can really.

1 Like

Yea tenacity does nothing to help with being chain CC’ed.

3 Likes

Raid bosses don’t get CC lol, this comparison is laughable. They do need to fix the imbalance of players in both Wintergrasp and Tolbarad.

3 Likes

As I see it its getting clearer WG needs to be cut back.

80 on 80 or even 40 on 40. I felt dirty last night closing out the 4k on the newest 85. 80 on 25. I mean I’ll take the honor. But it was cheesey as hell. Horde was allowed to make rides. So some could get kill 3 quest.

or honor gains needs to be increased…

:dracthyr_shrug:

You don’t even get Tenacity in Tol Barad. It’s a complete waste of time to queue for TB at this point as Horde. It was 100 vs 30 in my last match, which is not fun at all. Will never get a win to complete the daily. May as well just queue for random bg’s.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.