Wintergrasp confirmed as the next Epic Battleground

Yeah man! Like working a room was one of the strongest cards you could play. It brought a layer of gamesmanship that you don’t get a lot. It was almost like old west where you be like, “look man, we got a lot a enemies so let’s make good for now and see how this all pans out”.
And I actually did feel bad when I had to kill off the dudes that I teamed up with but not so bad as when I lost. Nothing in wow ever got my hands sweating like Highmaul Coliseum.

1 Like

im just not even sure, Im excited for this cause i did love wintergrasp…but lets be real this isnt new content.

These open world pvp areas like wintergrasp, tb, trashcan all should have never left the rotation. next to random bgs in the pvp tab they should of had these on a once a day timer rewarding current loot.

But they let the interest die over a couple expansions and bring it back like its new? How about a reskin to ab or wsg, new bgs that arent just a combination of bgs we already play.

New bg idea guys, ab but with only 3 nodes. BRILLIANT. waiT wait WAIT. wsg with a bridge and a river dividing GROUNDBREAKING. Such different ideas demand a different queue.

Once a day? I wasn’t playing back during wrath, is that where you are getting that number from? Tol Barad is way more popular than that. A lot of people would be pretty disappointed if they gated it down to once a day.

Tol Barad should stay exactly as it is, AND put it in as a queuable battle.

Well youre talking about reskins that are modified of their most popular BGs. The ones people really hope to get. So yeah its good to include reskinned maps with modifications to distinguish them.

I’m not saying that completely original ideas arent good, because they are. But Twin Peaks and Gilneas are great as well and have their place at the table.

1 Like

Not sure what you expect. To me, new maps with the same objectives are refreshing. CtF, and domination are staples in PvP genres of all games. Because they work. Should they just have not created TP, BfG, etc.?

Besides, there are different modes. SSM, ToK, Seething Shore. Those are more “unique” modes. And after that, we even have the ultra unique brawl weekends. And those are hit or miss to me (and probably most people).

Imagine having a rated play Deepwind Dunk… shutters

So my question is who attacks and defends because if I recall in wrath the previous holding faction defended wintergrasp.

Probably be random.

my god, how exhilarating

I was lucky to play on a balanced server where one faction rarely got that determination (?) buff. This will obviously have balanced numbers.

This should be fun. Looking forward to it.

I’d rather play Wintergrasp than a lot of the smaller Battlegrounds, but I could see it dragging like Strand of the Ancients if the teams aren’t balanced.