Wings Speed Buff

I was just thinking that, in a similar theme to the Humming Dragonscale trinket, it would be really nice if Avenging Wrath gave us a small speed buff.
It would feel really nice, make it harder to lose valuable up-time during our buff window but wouldn’t really be a huge increase to our mobility as no one is going to use it just to move.

2 Likes

This would be cool effects added to the tier 50 talent row in Shadowlands.

Crusade

(Replaces Avenging Wrath)

Call upon the Light and begin a crusade, every holy power spent increases your damage done and Haste by 3%, stacking up to 10 times, for 25 sec.

Crusade, casts forth a Path of Glory, causing all allies who stand in it to have 30% increased movement speed for 6 seconds.

Sanctified Wrath

(Replaces Avenging Wrath)

Leap towards a targeted location, dealing x% damage to all enemies within 12 yards. All Undead and Demons will be stunned for 2 seconds.

Upon landing all damage and healing is increased by 30% for 35 seconds and every holy power spent will explode with Holy Light, damaging all nearby enemies.

(Inquisition replaced with Seraphim)

Seraphim - 3 Holy Power - 45 second cooldown

Call upon the Light to magnify your power for 15 seconds, granting a Holy Shield to use in combat, increasing haste, critical strike, mastery, versatility and speed by 308.

SotR is usable while Seraphim is active.

4 Likes

That sounds kinda cool.

While it sounds cool and all, the last thing paladins particularly ret needs is more things tied to Wings.

5 Likes

Very true. Or everything tied to judgement like it used to be.

Wings are a blessing and a curse. If you have to get off the boss for a mechanic your dps goes through the floor. And depending on how rng favors you it can swing from being top to bottom of the meters.

1 Like

Paladins need a instant gap close like every other melee has.

2 Likes

I conceptualized this more as a buff to wings rather than “tying movement speed to wings”. No one is going to press it just for the speed and it wouldn’t be implemented at the cost of our few other movement abilities.

Giving Wings a slight speed buff will actually help in mitigating this as you will be able to get back on the boss that much faster. That is actually the primary reason I want this to be implemented.

They need to bring back pursuit of justice with demon hunters and monks flying all over the place why did we lose our mobility

2 Likes

Because Blizzard doesn’t like retribution paladins. We get little utility and no mobility unless you talent into it. I’ve been playing the paladin since TBC and aside from a number of years, they’ve always hated on the Ret. Not sure why.

1 Like

I miss my old Movement bonus with number of Holy Power I had

2 Likes

Pursuit of Justice, Mist version, it was really good. But with Echoing Blessing and Unbound Freedom combined in ShadowLands its going to be basically the same thing, but without the need for holy power.

I wasnt planning to use Echoing Blessing on my Pally tough. Doesnt really fit with the build I was aiming (I only play Holy ^^)

Echoing Blessing still has benefits for holy, but holy doesn’t have access to Unbound Freedom so there’s that.

Its just the Link and the path I was going for my soulbind doesnt give me access to that soulbind rune in particular thats more what I meant

I know what mean, there’s a setup that I was looking at taking, but it forces me to take more defensive Soul Conduits