Wings of Awakening transmog issue

Is anyone else underwhelmed with the back piece?

Let me just say. I LOVE my helmet tmog. The smoke it puts off and the light up runes look amazing.

I can tell its from the blue dragonflight.

The back piece however looks plastic. Has no weight or movement. Does not flap when you jump nor does it slow fall you in my opinion it should.

Warlocks tmog tier set has wings, the bfa nyalotha trinket has wings. Yet our pre order which we paid for is very underwhelming.

Here is my feedback and suggestion.

1. Increase the size slightly.

2. Give it movement and fluidity, make it feel like we have wings on our back

3. Let it scale with the player character races if they dont already.

4. Update the textures, compared to some dragon mounts our wings look like they are made from plastic in game.

That is just my feedback and I’ll update this thread if i come up with more.

Please share your thoughts so Blizzard can fix this.

8 Likes

It looks horrible on any bulky races… so pretty much designed only for stick elves and some of the female models.

5 Likes

They are super underwhelming. I mean im wearing them but im not happy nor satisfied.

They need to be redone by whoever designed them and put into the game. How they passed by QA is beyond me.

1 Like

Not worth the extra money, to me, mostly for the reasons Snik mentioned. If they were similar to the lock wings or bfa trinket, I’d be throwing money at them.

4 Likes

When I seen them I instantly thought of the little cheap Halloween fairy wings. Just no no all the way.

3 Likes

Exactly.

I mean we paid money for them!

How they could look so cheap and resemble plastic is just so messed up.

They need to be redesigned.

2 Likes

Black dragon wings go good with the dark ranger outfit. They do kinda move when your character breathes so there is a hope they might get a slight edit later in order to make them slightly more realistic

2 Likes

The system is deleting my quotes.

But I sure hope they get “fixed”

I love the colors don’t get me wrong. It’s just like the other commentor said. They look like a cheap halloween toy.

I hope someone from Blizzard reads this post and takes feedback to whoever designs our outfits.

2 Likes

Dont get me wrong i do agree they look kinda dumb for the fact they dont move at all besides the natural flexes of your toon. I just meant the black go good with my outfit lol

3 Likes

I just saw your profile.

The color matches your tmog perfectly.

What would look good if the wings were a tad longer down your back and the wings move when you do or spread out when you fall.

2 Likes

wow… they don’t move ?
what a lazy design. ion’s idea probably (lazy way)

4 Likes

I think they went with the smaller look to not give the appearance to new people in dragonflight that you can unlock every race options for the dracthyr. I 100% agree they need to be slightly bigger and need to move

2 Likes

Unfortunately no.

They dont move at all, they only move slightly and not that noticeable when your character breathes.

It had to have been designed in a few hours by a artist. Rendered on the engine and just put into the game by the developer with no animations in mind at all.

1 Like

they look great on some characters…

2 Likes

Yeah its just they dont scale well with the other races.

Which tells me it was poor lazy design that needs to be addressed in a hotfix or patch.

1 Like

If you think of them as an awning they work perfectly.

1 Like

Never heard of a awning before.

I just hope Blizzard takes feedback into account with the wings we paid for.

I know several pre order purchasers are not happy about their wings.

Nope cuz im not gonna get it

1 Like

Because QA doesn’t get to say “this is lame we’re singlehandedly deciding it shouldn’t be shipped”. They only say “there are no bugs with the wings” and “the guy who tested it thinks they’re a little underwhelming”.

1 Like

Its someone who drew them, sent them to the person who rendered them and put them in the game with no animation whatsoever and didnt think to scale them properly with the genders and the races. On draenei they look small.