Winged Arachnoid Battle Pet

Found a Rare just flying around and the 2nd back pet was also a Rare. Got the first one, with better stats down to under 100 health would not let me cage it. So, I went on battle the 2nd pet (a common that I already had 3 of) got it under 100 health and it said I could cage him. So, I figured was bugged on first go, so killed 2nd guy and got the 3rd one down to 35 health…still would not let me use my trap on him…

Has been that way with some different rares I come across, won’t let me cage them but anything common or lower it does.

What I think you’re describing is the Hallowed Glowfly, and we’ve discussed this problem before.

That pet, while it does make an appearance (whether by accident or design, we don’t know) as a backline pet, it is not capturable. There is a way to acquire this pet, which involves having World Quests unlocked, and taking a trip to northern Hallowfall to participate in lighting the Keyflames.

I got mine yesterday, and surprisingly it was very quick. I gave three Radiant Remnants to a particular Keyflame and a Taerry Bilgestone appears who offers a Sparkbug Jar for two Radiant Remnants.

Once you get the jar, click on it, and your hand will start to glow. Look for a flying insect called a Hallowfall Sparkfly. Then all you have to do is interact with it, and you’ll get your Hallowed Glowfly pet.

Here’s the Wowhead page that discusses this, and gives you TomTom coordinates. Look for Lazey’s comment, the second one from the top.

Nope, not the Hallowed Glowfly, completely different pet. This pet is called the Winged Arachnoid and is found Azj-Kahet and Hallowfall and I have only found him as a Rare, never anything lower. He is NOT capturable, and it says everywhere he IS capturable. I check WoWhead, WarcraftPets, etc.

Winged Arachnoid was capturable earlier this week when I got mine. Don’t know if it has changed.

I do remember it was one of those annoying battles where you have to be extra careful not to kill a backline pet while working on the other two. By the time the Arachnoid came up Superbark did the trick.

2 Likes

I captured a rare Winged Arachnoid pet via pet battle on 24 AUG 2024.

I do keep seeing them listed as a backline pet (each time rare quality) in a lot of pet battles in the Ringing Deeps. But I haven’t attempted another battle to capture them again.

Ah, I see now. I had a similar problem, but I don’t remember if it was the same pet. I was out to catch it, but I kept getting a message saying that that pet was not sufficiently low health to capture. (It was at one point of health-thanks, Grumpy- so I don’t know what else they thought I could do about it.)

However, even though I got that message, I was still able to throw the cage and after three tries, I caught it.

New expansion, same old bugs. What can you do? I hope they fix them.

So…I must be losing it…I know why I can’t tame any of them…I already have tamed 3 of them!

Not sure why I didn’t see that when I moused over them while battling…Guess I am just in a fog trying to get over my 4th bout with Covid…

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like