Windwalker rework when

I like windwalker how it is. Only change I want is hit box change to skyreach.

PVP wise we are far from fine.

We need sparring back and FoF stun back. If we are being forced into sustained pvp damage we need to be able to sustain ourselves and actually go toe to toe with other classes. Even the BoK Dot / Heal we used to have would be nice.

You can’t hit and run with sustain level dps. Once your minor sustain dps is up and your running they just heal up and continue to apply pressure.

For pve
We need something to replace the obvious ToD nerfs that are coming. It’s not a matter of if but when with the amount of complaints I’m seeing on it.

For raid pve
We need real single target. We are bottom of the dps barrel based on boss logs. And lets be real, when you justifying a progress raid spot no one cares about trash mob dps or over all dps, which monk does not even top and is just middle of pack on. Raid leaders will look into boss dps log like its a stock exchange prospect portfolio. So we are middle of pack on trash overall dps and bottom on boss damage, we need a fix.

2 Likes

pve ww isn’t bad. I just strongly dislike the covenant abilities. I don’t feel like bonedust brew and fls are very monklike. Also the statues are stupid. Blizz took damage away from shaman totems because it wasn’t fun and turned around and gave us the same thing. ???

pvp we need some slight defensive boosts. Idk if something like a hit combo mechanic to beef up vivify to actually move our health bar or what but it’s a joke watching a disc cast a couple spells and get us to 60% hp while we are crossing the arena on our 100% movement speed mount.

5 Likes

uh it really just needs increased tuning on its single target build for pve.

I still think some kind of defensive that requires us to spend chi, or something that increases our healing from chi, or a heal from chi.

That way we have to choose between dmg or defense, and it would bring a bit of skill to monk I feel

For pvp the biggest thing I think any monk would agree on, and has been mentioned already, would of course be defensives.

• Karma absorb is currently a joke. The old pvp tier set bonus as baseline or even a talent would be perfect.
  • Inner strength being a talent would also be a welcome addition and honestly I would love for that to even be a choice node with dampen harm(dampen is basically useless)
  • Nimble brew as well as the above 2 changes would be enough IMHO.

Offensively it would be great if they could bring us as close to the end of MoP as possible. One thing that was nice about ww back then was that it didn’t feel like we had “cds” for our damage and was more of a situational and timing playstyle based on who we were playing with. Being able to store your tigereye brew up to 20 stacks and have a longer burst or use it on demand when needed felt great. It would also give us back some sort of class identity instead of every single class and spec just “trading cooldowns” like the game has essentially become. Included in that would also be to revert SEF back to the original mop version of no cooldown and control of your individual images without a heavy damage buff but instead allows you to deal your damage differently depending on the situation and also was a very satisfying playstyle which I believe has been unfortunately lost to a great extent.

Ww has just blended into the same general identity as the majority of every other melee/leather DPS and that causes us to directly compete for viability based strictly on numbers tuning instead of having our niche. The class fantasy has almost been completely mixed in with the pot, I mean look at dhs they’re literally a complete ripoff of ww it’s kind of insane honestly. Ww used to have so much flavor to the spec it’s really quite sad that it’s quite literally almost all been forgotten. Coming into dragonflight all I was hoping for was some of that back in the way of spinning fire blossom or old SEF, maybe even chi explosion from WoD. Something. But we got the copy pasted slands version + sotwl. I love monk, especially ww and it’s been my only main since day 1 of MoP so it’s pretty disheartening to feel as the class design and intent has almost all been lost.

3 Likes

I feel the same way.
We’re basically just bargain basement rogues.

I would really like if inner strength became a talent but became an active talent, like you had to specifically spend chi on it as an ability/spell.
That way it could provide an actual decision of “do I defend or attack?” Because in martial arts attacking when you you should defend or vice versa can have disastrous results.

Totally agree with SEF needing to be reverted and the only reason it got changed was because too many people picked up monk and didn’t bother actually reading the ability and casted it single target.

Id take inner strength in any form of course, but that’s not a bad idea actually. Either a static amount like 2 chi for 10% damage reduction so its sort of like a dstance or feint-esque ability

OR

a chi spender where more chi spent 1-6(with ascension) gives a increasing amount of damage reduction, like 1 chi-3%, 2 chi-6%…5 chi-15%, 6 chi(ascension)-18% for 15 seconds with no cooldown.

Sounds strong but I think that’s actually a super healthy talent idea. 18% with no cooldown for 15s I think is a good mark to aim for because spending 6 chi is committing a TON of resources and I think anything less like say 2% increasing to 12% for 6 chi would be a bit underwhelming for the cost of actual time spent to dump 6 chi in one button.

1 Like

With the 6 chi that’s not terrible, it might be a good start for sure.
That’s kind of like I was going with for the inner strength, you spend two chi you get one stack of it and you just keep spending chi over and over and over to get it completely stacked up.
Then it’s part of your weaving to maintain potentially.

1 Like