Windwalker Feedback in TWW Alpha

This is primarily focused on core/talent changes to the spec and not the hero trees.

Some feedback points so far are:

1. Please allow us to use interrupts and off-GCD abilities such as Fortifying Brew and Touch of Karma during Spinning Crane Kick. Preventing Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, and Rising Sun Kick is a change I’m impartial to, but losing our ability to interrupt or press a defensive without losing ticks can be devastating because of procs such as Dance of Chiji.

2. Whirling Dragon Punch’s ST tick currently hits the first enemy struck, ideally this should prioritize your target, but currently does not. It’s hard for the player to gauge if this is the appropriate ability to damage boss when it could just cleave an add. Initially I read this change as “that’s awesome! Priority damage will keep this ability relevant at low target counts!” but not being able to choose where it lands makes it far less interesting and engaging.

3. Transfer the Power is currently not transfered to Storm, Earth, and Fire spirits when they spawn, so if you spawn them after generating player stacks their Fists of Fury is much weaker than yours. This also adds a lot of confusion to the player because Fists of Fury will deal less damage than they were expecting (especially if the channel is interrupted).

4. Dual Threat does not appear in the combat log. This is likely a bug and not intended behavior, but makes it harder to attribute how much damage the talent contributes, once again making it confusing for the player.

5. Combat Wisdom casting Expel Harm is a cool change and eliminating an active ability lowers the barrier-to-entry for players new to the spec. Veteran players that are used to pressing this button on demand will miss it and I think it’s a great opportunity for a choice node between the two.

7 Likes

I am not sure if it is not showing up in external logs, but it is showing up in the in-game logs.

Edit:
It looks like the Kick itself is not modeled. The animation goes off, but the damage event does not trigger.

Edit 2:
It looks like the attack is modeled but the damage event is not showing in logs (just the buff you get)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/219846145155792896/1232323857675849729/World_Of_Warcraft_2024.04.23_-_08.34.34.26.mp4?ex=6629b347&is=662861c7&hm=8701bcbc97e04a7721315654bd2a1817a199a3006e1dd7f809ca18cc243c6c03&

Edit 3:
It looks like the damage spell is marked as hidden…

1 Like

Yeah that’s only the buff showing in the combat log.