Windwalker and monk class reworked for TWW

listening to max talk about it on stream, it sounds amazing.
wowhead changes below:

4 Likes

i am speechless thank you blizzard

8 Likes

This is great!! I was actually shocked!

1 Like

Im unsure how i feel about many of the changes.
But hey, cant complain about a double jump

1 Like

I definitely need to reread that page … I must have missed that!

Genuinely happy for monks. This was long overdue.

2 Likes

HUGE dub for Monks here.

That class tree has some insane talents. In fact, I can see it getting toned down a bit, looks like we getting infinite mobility.

They can just delete Clash and we’ll still be more than OK on the mobility department.

2 Likes

Lighter Than Air - Roll causes you to become lighter than air, allowing you to double jump to dash forward a short distance once within 5 sec.

Could just mean press it a second time to airdash and not gain any more height.

Shame we mortals cant test it haha

3 Likes

I hadn’t been paying attention, thanks for posting this. Heh, I may just play my WW next expansion.

Per content creators it behaves like a Shaman’s Gust of Wind.

1 Like

Some great improvements, but they still haven’t committed to making Chi Burst feel good to press. Wonky cast times don’t belong in melee rotations. It needs to be instant cast.

I’m really happy they’re improving Whirling Dragon Punch, but it needs to allow free directional movement instead of locking you into going straight up.

3 Likes

Really fantastic changes. I agree with the above poster that Whirling Dragon Punch needs to stop locking you in place! It’s so bad when you’re chasing someone and you’re stuck in animation.

2 Likes

I mean… they removed touch of karma, anything else is a bonus lol

Fists of fury benefitting from haste is the huge deal here honestly. We finally will have at least one major rotational ability that benefits from a stat besides versatility

3 Likes

This is a welcome surprise. I don’t really know what to say expect, Thank You Blizzard.

I mean… vers and crit were basically equal with mastery a bit behind, this just helps with the fact that haste was pretty bad

True. And I also noticed that RSK triggers a second time based on your haste too, and honestly those are two really big rotational abilities. So that’s a huge win in that it makes haste more valuable. It kind of looks like they’re wanting it to be a better stat in our kit.

1 Like

I’m just hoping this finally let’s us negate fall damage.

Roll off a cliff, hit jump before you hit the ground for the dash.

4 Likes

Did they actually remove it or is it baseline? This ability feels too important to delete from the game

Edit: Just checked, looks like you get ToK at level 29 now

2 Likes

Oh man. Clash is in the general tree now?! I know its not a popular ability but … I kind of love it …

1 Like