Windows 11 Compatability

Will Warcraft (& the other Blizzard games) be compatible with Windows 11 which is being released on July 29, 2020? I’m not sure if it could be considered ‘super patch’ with a new label or something on a greater scale.

I’m unsure where you heard this news, but Microsoft has not announced any plans for Windows 11 that I am aware of. In fact, last I heard, future builds of Windows will be upgrades of 10 for the foreseeable future.

We’ll continue working with Microsoft with any future builds of Windows anyway, for as long as it’s feasible. Obviously I can’t make 100% promises for future content - there’s always the possibility that something happens which makes it impossible or infeasible to support a certain operating system, but at this time we have no plans to terminate support for the latest stable builds of Windows 10.

(Note: this does not mean that we support the latest Insider Preview build - these are considered Beta and any issues with them should be reported to Microsoft and/or at our Bug Report forums.)

A new Windows version (11) had been mentioned to me by a friend coming out in the fall. I Googled “Microsoft 11 release date” and the typical brief google replay listed that date & some additional information:

July 29, 2020
Windows 11 Release Date : Microsoft will release Windows 11 on July 29, 2020, and will be available to the general public. Windows 11 update: The operating system will be available through Update Centre in Windows 10 and Windows 7.

I went ahead and did some digging (and it took a bit). but it seems that that info may have stemmed from a reported pre-order leak back in mid June 2020. It seems it may not have been a legitimate leak though. It looks like the first facts that are thrown out in the search might need to be updated.

It’s fake, Alael.

Windows 10 was released as a service, so it removed the need for future bumps in the version numerically. We just get two feature updates a year, as it has been for a while now.

1 Like

From over 5 years ago:
~https://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/microsoft-confirms-there-will-be-no-windows-11-1293309

Time to get new friends me thinks :stuck_out_tongue: