Windowed (fullscreen) opening with wrong Window size (Solved)

When I launch wow in fullscreen the window size is 3620x2036. My monitor is 2560x1440. I am having major FPS issues in fullscreen and I believe it’s because the game is being forced to run in 3620x2036. When i play in windowed and run it at 2560x1440 the FPS issues go away. I have tried to add the line SET gxResolution “2560x1440” to my config.wtf folder and it still loads in 3620x2036. Is there any way I can change what fullscreen runs in?

Hi Zephtao

Check that the resolution is correct in Windows. Left click on desktop. Select “Display Settings” on the context menu. Check resolution and scaling. Set to recommended which should be 2560 x 1440 and 100% scaling.

In game check on the Menu > Graphics pane - should be set on Fullscreen Windowed and Resolution Scale slider adjustment at 2560 x 1440 or 100%.

So problem fixed. It was a NIVIDA setting called Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR). It was giving windows the option to use this setting. I went into NIVIDA and turned this option off under the manage 3D settings. Problem solved, wow now loads fullscreen correctly. Hopefully this will help someone else with this same problem.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting that Zephtao. Is that a setting you enabled or did Geforce Experience enable it?

Geforce has it turned on when you install it.

Geforce Experience and Wow often don’t mix. A good troubleshooting step is to uninstall Geforce as well as the 3D Vision drivers NVidia likes to install. Thanks for letting us know.