Windfury Totem idea

Put it in the class tree BUT

Enhance = Windfury Totem

Resto = (Totem name here) = Your attacks have a 15% chance of applying some sort of dot that does dmg to the target and heals the player for equal amount .Effects Group.
OR You and your groups attacks kave a 15% chance to proc a lesser chain heal.

Elemental= (Totem name here) = You and your group attacks have a 15% chance to proc chain lightning .

Would basically give all the specs some type of totem buff for dmg and healing. Was just on my brain so figured I would throw it out there.

3 Likes

That does sound really cool! What would you think their names would be?

Resto could be = Ancestral Healing Totem

Elem could be = Lightning Surge Totem

1 Like

Windfury is a terrible raid buff for plenty of reasons, and being one of the only buffs locked to a single specific spec such that shaman of any other spec are devalued is one of them.

Swinging the pendulum back the other direction so optimized groups need 3 shaman covering all 3 different specs is also terrible.

Windfury needs to be treated like any other class buff and made baseline (or at least a class talent instead of a spec talent) and be normalized across all specs in a way that’s actually useful to all shaman specs.

Just make it a damn Haste aura and be done with it.

4 Likes

I’ll agree it needs to be put in the class tree, I said that back in Alpha, but you cannot leave enhance with what it currently is while resto/elemental get an actual useful buff. Windfury totem as it sits, to put it bluntly, is kinda trash. Outside of raids it’s almost always a dps loss due to giving up other talents to pick it, not being able to stack the group, and GCD casting it constantly; while inside raids you need to stack the group, stay in range, and best case scenario is a 3-4% dps increase. Meanwhile other raid debuffs/buffs are a flat 5% increase and don’t require stacking a group or staying in range, which is harder and harder to do with mobility heavy fights and costs GCD(dps) to keep casting.

Windfury totem needs a rework for enhancement and while they are doing that they need to toss it in the class tree and make it useful for all shaman specs and make it raidwide. Of course if they are working on the class tree they might as well rework the bottom half of the class tree so all of the talents are actually useful to all of the specs instead of being useless/super niche.

2 Likes

100% on all this.

They should consider implementing some gift of Vyranoth/Thunderaan into granting Wind Fury totem a benefit for spellcasters.
Chance on spell cast to envelop allies spells with nature damage causing X by %

And turn Windfury into an aura like mentioned previously, we are already seeing augmentative abilities being desirable, a great class benefit like this would be nice to have.

I would love to see windfury moved to the class tree and made a raid wide 5% haste buff. I gotta be honest though- I like it being a totem. Its thematic for a shaman. However, I do think they need to increase the range of it significantly.

Fights used to take place in much smaller areas, and even fights in larger areas had less movement. Just increase the range of it to 100 yards. That should be plenty and still has the shaman flavor of being a totem.

2 Likes

Keep Windfury totem as it is but make it raid wide. I’m not really concerned with dropping it when I move 30 yards etc…

Obviously move this talent to class tree so that ENH can maybe actually pick up the feral lunge.

For Elemental shamans switch Windfury out for Skyfury Totem and make it raid wide for casters etc…

Never played Resto but yall seem to think they should get their totem for a raid buff and I agree.

Healing Wind Totem? I have no clue what it should be doing as I do not play a healer.

Healing received is increased by %3

I am all for Windfury being a class totem, but chain lightning for all party members? Dude that is WAY better then Windfury. Far too strong, if you do that Windfury can not remain just an extra auto attack. The totems need to be roughly equivalent to one another if they are going to be on the class tree, not have one spec’s be dramatically better then the others.