Will/can we get increase nameplate distance in TBC?

It works if you change the quotes to proper double quotes instead of the unicode quotes the forum seems to have injected.

eg:

/script C_CVar.SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 41)
12 Likes

poggers

let’s go

Thank goodness.

Can we PLEASE get the option to reduce name plate distance on live as well? A fixed 60 yard distance is AWFUL.

2 Likes

I’m assuming you are referring to the Dual Spec feature that arrived in WotLK?

The longer version didn’t work for me this morning either. Perhaps it’s just not active in the build yet?

The longer versions quotations are messed up because of the forums.

/script C_CVar.SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 41)

works

5 Likes

Strange, I copy pasted it directly from Kaiv’s post which (at least now) appears to have the quotations in it. Perhaps it didn’t earlier then.

Well, if you look closely the quotations are actually different in Kaiv’s post

“these quotations”

"vs these quotations"

The first set has a bit of a tilt to them and that messes with the game.

4 Likes

Ohhh, I see. Good catch. Wish that would have been stated in that post as that’s extremely hard for my far from perfect eyes to see. Oh well :man_shrugging:

Haha, np, wasn’t me who caught but a guy further up, said they’re “unicode” quotes.

Base hunter range is 35, hunter range with hawk eye is 41, hence the 41 yard nameplate range

1 Like

HILARIOUS! :exploding_head:

Thanks for the wisdom… that totally makes sense. :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Neither command is working, nameplates stuck at 20.

Edit 2: No it didn’t.

2 Likes

Holy priest with 2/2 holy reach and 3 piece ZG bonus has 42 yard smites :open_mouth:

You are a god. Thank you!!

Doesn’t seem to be working?

2 Likes

not working for me either

Okay actually it’s working for me now for all mobs, even non target. I was using KUI name plates but now I switched to plater and have no issues.

This worked for me, thank you! I didn’t notice the quotes either!

1 Like