Will you RP with me if I

pay you a beer and be a Mogu?
tl;dr I want to be a Mogu.

Hello!

I plan to create a Mogu here on Wyrmrest using an Orc and a Battleplate of the Last Mogu.
I want to not be frowned upon your community (I am new into RP and I want to give it a try). I am not an idiot! I am LGBT+ Friendly, mature player and I respect everyone.

So.
I want to be a Rajani Mogu. After the end of the Fourth War, and with Nalak’sha secured and N’zoth defeated, I woud like to travel around the world talking to people and undertaking missions as an emissary.

Problem is, Mogus are racist bigots. But I AM NOT one of those. I am brainstorming a bit here my lore with the help of my friends, but the question is - would you RP with me or being a Mogu is like being a dragon, frowned upon in the community?

Thank you and God bless.

3 Likes

As far as I’m concerned your Mogu is more than welcome here. Sounds like an awesome character concept! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome to Wrymrest Accord, thanks for telling us about your character! It looks like you’ve got a good solid framework for how you’ll portray your character visually and a background that would make sense. Part of making this work will be how you present yourself Out of Character as well as In Character. Put all the relevant disclaimers in your OOC section to ensure people understand your intentions, and all that jazz.

My personal creed is that any character can be played well but some need more work than others. If you put in the effort to make a balanced, interesting Mogu I don’t see anything wrong with your game plan.

Also here’s a toy you might be interested in!

3 Likes

Mogu would be an awesome Neutral race addition, I’ve always enjoyed their lore and character models. I don’t see a problem so long as you don’t stray into extreme lore violations or the aformentioned bad attitudes that are part of the race.

1 Like

Seems like you put good thought into it! I’d be open to it, but I don’t understand all the hate on dragon RPers either! Come, enjoy the RP! I hope you enjoy WrA if you decide to come on over!

2 Likes

Someone did this before and used a Draenei and that set to RP as a Mogu.

We saw that the Rajani are a friendly faction so I don’t see why not. You might get a few haters but I think with RP being a little slow because of a so-so expansion there’s likely plenty of people that would be happy to have you.

2 Likes

@Sarestha
@Thomasbates
@Rizzyfitz
@Braedyn
@Juspeon

So much positive feedback. I am glad that I picked this server. Thank you everyone for your patience and sweet replies. And thanks Thomas for the toy!

p.s.: I don’t know how to quote each one of you individually.

7 Likes

Eh, you’ll be fine here. Mogu money’s as good as anyone’s imo

1 Like

Quilen & Cloud Teahouse may be the kind of spot you’d like to test the waters.

Read the OP in our thread - especially the section “What’s Up at the Teahouse”.

If you will have your character abide by that etiquette then you are very welcome. We’ve put a lot of effort into making the teahouse truly a non-aligned safe haven. In the past we have had Zandalari come once or twice & even a Mantid as a regular who was there just about every week for nearly a year.

While you can expect many people to be hesitant perhaps even stand-offish, no aggressive behavior let alone any racism is allowed. Any such IC behavior is dealt with immediately and directly. Characters considered “regulars” can expect - and have been - reminded of the house rules. In one case the character was asked to stay away from for a cooling off period even though we continued to have fun RPing in other settings.

Unknown characters (walking through the door for the first time) who make it clear they are not willing to respect the ambience we’ve worked for years to establish are politely shown the door. And - as happened in one case - when politeness didn’t work appropriate steps were taken both IC & OOC to end the situation.

I go into that much detail to make clear that the teahouse is a safe place for any unusual character as long as they come through the door ready to do what we do IC to keep safe the haven we’ve created. Same goes OOC - none of us are lore fundamentalists or lore-yers. Respect others’ interpretations and we’ll respect yours.
__

On a separate note, I have myself been thinking for a few years now about what a playable pro-Pandaren Mogu I’d enjoy playing would be like. I have one in the works who has made his debut yet.

Starting off in a new (to you) RP community with a Mogu as your very first character may make things a lot more difficult for you than they need to be. Perhaps you might try creating a more run of the mill character - not necessarily one you intend to keep - to get a feel for how the teahouse and other recurring RP settings suit you. It would give you the opportunity to have some whisper conversations about your goals with the regular participants. Because it’s a Pandaren teahouse in Pandaria there’s going to be quite a few “locals” but we’ve also got humans, elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, vulpera - just about every kind of Azerothian - as visitors. Same goes for classes - one of our regulars had a DK alt that’s visit us from time to time. Granted, he was a very unusual DK - but that’ll give you an idea of how welcoming we try to be.

And we specifically chose a place that is safe for low levels. Basically if your character can get to Jade Forest and fly or get a ride to Sri-La then there’s nothing to worry about. So it wouldn’t involve much time to make a character to test the waters short-term before you get into really devoting effort to your Mogu.

3 Likes

Shut up, Aggressor.

2 Likes

A little late, but I love the idea! I am really into seeing people explore unique and diverse characters, outside the limitations of playable races. Mogu I would consider one of the easier options (Compared to Dragons), I certainly would roleplay with you sometime.

Really, Mogu are interesting- and have a fascinating story. We see them having interacted/allied with the Zandalari before even, so I like to think that Queen Talanji may try to open new, restored relations with people such as the Rajani in the future.

I imagine Mogu are as diverse as any race, there are the good, the bad, the ugly and more. We just happen to come into contact with the bigots more so than the nice ones.

1 Like

I would also RP with OP if the RP’d as batman.

1 Like