Will wow tcg mounts you have redeemed be valid in classic?

Just wondering if wow tcg card items and mounts and pets we have redeemed back in the day from the guy at booty bay you had to insert code to receive the item from be valid in classic ? Just asking since it is looks only and makes no difference to the gameplay. Naturally, they will not be tradeable. For example, even if you have the tcg mounts, you will still need to learn riding at 40 and 60 to use them.

TCG codes didn’t come out until TBC pre-patch.

With Blizzard giving the original Collectors Edition players their Pets in Classic Vanilla, I believe it is highly likely that accounts that have redeemed TCG codes in the past will have them unlocked in their correct expansion on 1 character of their choice. (obviously BMAH and AH TCG wouldn’t count)

1 Like

Blizzard will be selling TCG mounts as MTX. Activision with the good business moves. You don’t have to buy them so it doesn’t matter

Yep…the only other true Vanilla/Classic item we’re still waiting for word on is Murky. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty sure the riding turtle was the only TCG mount available pre-BC. That, the Hippogryph pet and the Tabard of Flame (I think?). No idea if they’ll be in though, good question for the AMA Tuesday

1 Like

I don’t think any of the TCG was in during Vanilla…they all required redemption from Landro Longshot in Booty Bay and, he came on the scene in 2.x (If there was a way to get them other than this…then ignore me :slight_smile: lol)

The first loot cards were released for the TCG in October 2006, that much I know for sure. Beyond that I’m fairly certain that there was a code redemption site you could use until Landro was added into the game, but I’m not 100% sure I remember it correctly

The vendor to get the items wasn’t even added until the tbc patch.

Q: Can I use my World of Warcraft Trading Card Game codes in WoW Classic?
A:
Codes from the TCG won’t be usable in WoW Classic.

2 Likes

There you go ^

Bit of confusion, but “WoW Classic” is referring to “Classic Vanilla”. TBC will definitely have TCG it just wouldn’t feel Blizzlike.

If they make the hippogryph hatchling available, we should get the un-nerfed model:

https://i.imgur.com/ddGmnCi.jpg