Will WotLK and DF cannibalize each other?

Different audiences, so probably not.

As someone who wants to play both, I wished they would alternate every year with cycles. that way halfway through retail expansion, new classic comes out, and can play something different, then halfway through classic, retail expansion comes out, and can try that. Annoying they release somewhat at the same time.

2 Likes

Been playing since vanilla and really dont understand why people want to go back and play old expansions

well yeah solo which i do alot now it doesnt matter whos where

but for everyone else its very much felt

idk how they will do releases but wotk is going to be very heavily played

I doubt it. People that want to play wrath will, people that want to play dragonflight will play that. And the rest of us will play neither.

No? WoTLK won’t be as popular as you think. Many have been there and done that, and have no plans on returning. It’s all content we’ve seen. DF is 100% new, will crush LK classic.

Nope they will both have their own niche players who will play one or the other also those players who will gasp play both so it is a win/win for Blizzard and the players.

1 Like

it doesnt matter, all the money goest to just one of the projects.
Also its very likely that wrath will be a major success initially but will end up like classic and tbc, having less players than retail at some point, unless df is super garbo which is a possibility lol.

Most of the people playing Classic full time probably aren’t playing retail much or at all anyway.

I almost got sucked into the ‘vanilla myth’ by friends I had played vanilla with when it was new. I created the characters to get ready but then it was plain to see right off they would be incapable of recreating the authentic experience on top of all the new tech. They just didn’t have enough skilled folks.

Turned out I was right and playing all that again while being lied to by devs about no changes would not have been fun for me.

Now they don’t even care about retail and this apathetic inept rot is found in all their products. I really am tired of being lied to and the frustration I experience trying to enjoy something that was ruined by no talent beancounters.

When Everquest 2 launched, it poached a lot of players from Everquest 1. Everquest 1 players suddenly had their friends lists tank as they lost long term friends and guildmates to EQ2.

Splitting friend lists and isolating players is bad for an MMO.

But you also have to consider that WoW’s current playerbase is already split because Shadowlands tanked so very hard. So… I guess we’ll all see what happens together.

I prefer chicken

Oh my goodness, is this supposed to be a burn!?

:fire: :fire:

Yeah we lost a healer raider to classic wow, they just up and dropped retail wow for classic full time.