Will we get classic mythic +

Imagine Mythic Deadmines or BRD. And make us travel to the summoning stone in Azeroth to bring back parts of the old world.

3 Likes

If this works out I’m sure they’ll look at options.

But frankly I think anything pre Cata is an era of dungeon design that is simply too long, or boring for M+.

They would need to rework every single dungeon and give everything mechanics first then maybe.

you could do mythic deadmines but cataclysm style deadmines, that would be fun

Depends on the dungeons. Like you will probably never see a M+ BRD or LBRS just due to the sheer size and number of bosses.

Yeah I actually remember enjoying the rework.

That sounds like fun I’d enjoy mythic versions of the cataclysm dungeons.

The issue is these dungeons are largely full of mobs and bosses that do nothing but auto attack, and have no complexity at all.

Which is hard to balance when included in the M+ cycle. Why do a Shadowlands dungeon when you could just do a Classic dungeon?

I’d love to see earlier dungeons from Cata, MoP and WoD in M+, but the time spent updating those dungeons to function and be challenging instead of trivial in the M+ system, might as well be spent designing new dungeons.

2 Likes

I could see them using the classic dungeons they revamped in Cata, MoP, and WoD because they are more aligned with what modern dungeons are like. Many of these were already used for challenge modes.

Shadowfang Keep
Deadmines
Scholomance
Scarlet Cathedral
Scarlet Halls
Upper Blackrock Spire (already may happen this expac)

1 Like

they could just rework mobs/boss , it’s not that hard :wink:

I imagine the type of people who like long, grindy dungeons like BRD and people who like M+ are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

1 Like

They might be able to just split those up like the mega dungeons.

If they actually did at m+ to classic I might actually have a reason to play that junk.

I like BRD because it feels like a true dungeon old school feel if a dungeon. It’s long, much to explore, tons of bosses and just had that dungeon feel.

UBRS PLS! BEST DUNGEON EVER. That was suppeeer amazing.

BRD would make… several … M+'es. but that’d take development time. I think Legion+ is okay for now.

Cata+ might work with some work. Pre-cata… Maraudon… Dire Maul… Stratholme… not so much? Stratholme might work. the old one.

I can imagine it, back when dungeon designers believed in burn phases! Sounds awesome. Also Stockades would need like a 15/20 minute timer compared to SL dungeons. I think it would be hard to balance … you know Stockades +26 turns into a Streets +27, which turns into a Streets+19 if you know what I mean :laughing:

1 Like

For forever?
Like M0 Deadmines Timewalking? So it is always scaled to max level?

If Blizz adds a LFD M0 I’d do it, if not I wouldn’t bother. I’m not going to frustrate myself trying to find a group for M0 Dire Maul Cap Gardens 8 years after it has been added to the game :laughing: The playerbase will of course min/max it and some dungeons would just never be done.

Mythic BRD would be the greatest dungeon of all time

1 Like

M+ OG Sunken Temple Let’s GO! 1 Hour timer :rofl:

1 Like