Will we ever see a Inca Inspired Civ or is Zandalari only Inca Civ?

Will we ever see a Incan Civilization in WoW like atleast for the Alliance or is the Zandalari pretty much the Only Inca Civilization inspired race within Azeroth. Part of me wishes there was another incan inspired race for the Alliance to team up but I know it won’t happen.

So I guess Zandalari will be it. They are mix of everything between Incan, Mayan, and Aztec Themes together with Dinosaurs and Fox People.

1 Like

Yeah, unlikely. It wouldn’t be ideal from a design standpoint to have two Mayincatec styled civilizations. Though Zandalari aren’t the only ones, other troll tribes had the aesthetic as well. Zul’Drak, anyone?

4 Likes

Was Zul’Drak Inca or was it Mayans/Aztecs in the Snow?

1 Like

At first glance, I’d say mostly Aztec

1 Like

Each troll race seems to draw slightly different inspirations when it comes to mesoamerican aesthetics.

While I am not an expert I can still notice differences between Zandalari, Drakkari, Amani and Gurubashi style - also I believe Zul’Gurub was meant to be original El’ Dorado inspired city.

6 Likes

i wish there was some sort of troll or orc or whatever race that would join the alliance so that we can begin to break the mold of having all those kinds of races exclusive to the horde. blood trolls on the alliance wouldve been amazing.

1 Like

Yea on media, theyre usually portrayed as a mixmatch of every pre colonial mesoamerican and south american culture.

4 Likes

Requests for Trolls on the Alliance reminds me a lot of the Tlaxcaltec.

That tribe sided with the Conquistadors. They helped the Spanish learn the terrain and politics and the other important information. As well as bolstered their forces militarily. And they enjoyed the spoils of victory. They were allowed a great deal of sovereignty and rights for centuries after the conquest.

They were enemies of the Aztecs and other tribes. So they hooked up with a new power, and they won tangible rewards as the native cultures and societies evaporated. So it worked out for the them to latch on to the imperialists with guns and power. They most likely would have been wiped out with the rest if they chose to fight.

So, I can see a Troll tribe that helps the Alliance along a similar vein. They realize the Alliance can invade the pseudo Troll Capitol at will, and kill who ever sits on the throne - so why not join them and ensure survival?

The way the Alliance is super powered and the lore is biased to their whims, it only seems a matter of time before Trolls and Tauren and even Orcs line up for the Blue and Gold.

1 Like

The Trolls generally tend to be a loose hodgepodge mixture of Caribbean, indigenous Mezo/South American, and even some West African Cultures. It really depends on the tribe.

For example, while all parallels are pretty loose, I would say the Drakkari were the most closely associated with the Inca. They were a high altitude “Mezo/South American” inspired civilization, complete with terraced farms and cities. Their fate also uncomfortably follows that of the Inca, in that they were essentially wiped out by a Western European inspired Crusader and the plague he brought with him. And then we subsequently help more Crusaders wipe out the survivors…

4 Likes

Aztecs had that fate as well.

Why would that be a good thing?

I think I see a dash of Pacific Islanders in the mix too.

1 Like

you guys got discount night elves, is that a good thing?

1 Like

Would it be a bad thing?

No self-respecting troll would ever Join a faction that has Trollbanes in it, and where the majority has completely alien to trolls customs and religion.

I’d much rather have ‘less popular’ cultures/civilisations represented, not the usual suspects.

quel’thalas

1 Like

Ye, and these ones are also in Alliance, And dwarves who targeted Frostmane kids, And stormwind who pressed into Gurubashi territory.

You didn’t answer my question–I asked why. I’m genuinely curious why you’re hoping for this.

I think it would be an interesting shake up for the Alliance story and just the story in general. It would radically break with certain tropes of the faction and provide lots of new paths for story development. But I suppose it’s subjective.

1 Like