Will Tyrande's owl be safe? (SPOILERS)

The bird is magic??? When was this explained, lol

The spirit owl will be fine.

Dori’thur is the large, snowy spirit owl companion of Tyrande Whisperwind

An owl scout can be summoned by the Priestess of the Moon and used to scout the map. Owls are invulnerable and can be controlled. Higher level owls last longer, can see further, and are faster. The owl can be incredibly important when used to camp over the enemy’s army.[1] The owls are not living creatures, but instead, they are conjured by night elven magic.

2 Likes

Fun fact to consider, as Torgast is part of the Maw, Tyrande is going to have Sylvanas empty every room of an infinitely large tower of souls that changes its arrangement at random.

Did you miss the fact it literally glows in the dark like the moon and is sapient enough for Tyrande to consider it a dear friend? But yeah, it can fry people with moonfire.

7 Likes

I thought it was just a pet owl she had to replace constantly b/c she outlives it lmao

1 Like

Nah way, Tyrande has two creatures associated with her: Dori’thur the spirit owl, and Ash’alah the saber cat who is likely a minor wild god as she is as old as Tyrande.

5 Likes

You’re saying the cat can get rebirthed if it dies then right?

Possibly? we dont know what its deal is; only its 10,000 years old.

3 Likes

Ah, Dorothy and Ash God

And nearly all of them can FLY. Plus the larger ones can also knife-fight WITH THEIR FACES!

4 Likes

Nope.

It’ll be on the BBQ before you can blink. Hope you like it with a side of arrow.

And Dori’thur can Moonfire things to death if something really angers it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sorry WUT, Thadeus. You have been holding out your humor on us!

This is the best post.

Nathanos would be terrified if birds evolved to fight with knives. Though at that point his fear of birds would be justified.

I don’t know how … but I’ve missed that bird :laughing::laughing:
Noticed it for first time in the Darkshore cinematic :laughing::laughing:

There is a reason that Dori’thur looking at Nathanos had startled him in Terror of Darkshore. Especially when Nathanos was already thinking Mal’furion may have returned.

2 Likes

Also a fun fact. Dorithur is a flying panopticon. The panopticon was determined to be cruel and unusual punishment even for the worst of society.

1 Like

Ahh, a spirit bird. That explains it. I wasn’t so much concerned about it being attacked by things in the Maw as I was about what’s it going to eat?

But I also wondered about exactly how will Sylvanas send souls to the Arbiter? And during this journey, is this where she will re-unite with Nathanos?

Those people need to meet an Australian magpie while riding a bike during swooping season. It is called swooping season (early spring) for a reason.

3 Likes

Its ok if you wear a helmet.

Then it just makes a loud clacking sound (and pray they don’t go for the eyes).

The owl? Put it in a cage, no shortage of those there right? If not, what is it going to actually do? Fly out of the Maw, back across the barrier of life, and death to Azeroth, straight back to Tyrande, and tell her Sylvanas is actually happy there? So Tyrande can run screaming back in full edgelord mode?

Can it even use the power of Elune in the Maw at this point, and if it did, and it destroyed Sylvanas wouldn’t that just defeat the whole purpose of Tyrande’s “punishment”?