Will there be RP-PvP Servers?

Classic WoW sounds like it could be a very good place to RP on both sides. A group of Shamans who are traveling together to fulfill their Totem of Wind quest who meet a wandering Warrior who will be their protector in exchange for helping them with their own quest might be a fun random moment in some leveling players lives.

There can then be the added danger of a group of traveling adventurers who are passing through hostile lands, having to stay together to keep from being ganked or roflstomped.

1 Like

As it stands, no. But Omar may be your hero, to Ion’s villain, because he said they’re still assessing it.

1 Like

It’s why they offer prayers to Omar on the Beta not the the head of design for BfA

You mean the WoW Game Director who has final say over Classic?

I really hope Blizzard changes their mind on this decision. RP-PvP is my one true home.

1 Like

Join the good fight #RP-PVP Realms, Reconsider One Realm

believe they said just RP

heres the reddit link Ion interview on rp servers

Yes. Which is why the want #no changes so we do not get recent edition changes (BfA, Legion, MoP) that wrecked community. So yes, he is in charge of Classic too. But his ability to harm is reduced the less changes that are made.
Sharding, no real servers, everyone just glopped together, everything a dungeon run with randoms, lack of distinct classes… etc… etc… etc I’ll pass on these “improvements” made by current gen designers.

I hadn’t read that before, but I find it deeply disturbing that a CM (Lore) is so ill informed about such a simple question and the Game Director (Ion) appears to be making up his answer to what types of servers we will have on the spot.

Transcript for those that can’t watch:

QUESTION: Will there be dedicated servers for Roleplaying on Classic?

Lore: Uhm, I don’t remember actually… 'cause I, I don’t remember what the, the rate at which these things happen. I remember that RP-PVP wasn’t added until quite sometime after Classic’s launch.

Ion: I think, yeah, I think our current plan is to have RP realms certainly in the larger regions, uhm, where we have a range of realm types. I don’t think we’re currently planning on any RP-PVP realms in particular, because that’s maybe a bit too small of a niche… but, we’ll see how Classic unfolds once it’s out there and certainly if, you know, there’s a large population and demand for that server, for that type of server, that could support it, we’d be open to adding it. But, I think at the start, we’ll have RP as an available server type.

Lore: OK, cool, so that’d make Normal, PVP, and RP.

Ion: Yes.

I agree, but the head of design for BfA still has final say over Omar.

My mood dial was yanked to a pissed off setting of 11 for lore and ion due to that garbage. The disconnect was mindblowing. Especially the “cool” affirmation at the end. Ion himself appears to have blinders on to anything beyond what he had experience with in vanilla, which was raiding.

1 Like