Will SoM2 BG's be linked to Era?

Its the forums, they’re always going to resort to the most unlikely of possible scenarios to make a point.

Every WSG is going to be 10 green geared scrubs vs 10 full T3 players, regardless of faction. If youre horde it will be T3 alliance, if your alliance it will be T3 horde. Since yknow, full T3 players will come out en masse to farm undergeared players in BGs for their downgrades.

Whereas reality tells us this disparity will be spread across both factions - some teams will have geared and under geared players going up against teams that will have geared and under geared players.

That being said, Blizz would never do it and that’s okay since SoM is supposed to be its own thing.

1 Like

I dont think it belongs in classic but ive always advocated for blizzard copying guild wars 2 approach to structured pvp

In gw2 pvp gear is completely normalized, you just customize your traits/specializations and choose what stats and modifiers you want for your build but everyones gear power level is the same.

Ive always thought wows approach to competitive pvp was dumb from a competitive integrity standpoint and it creates a very “win-more” kind of environment.
They tie the rate at which you can aquire gear to your raiting and lock off the best gear to having a high rating, which means that players that are already better than most players then receive another big advantage in stats on top of already being mechanically better at the game, so it just creates a situation where better players that already are stomping their competition get to even further dominate because of a gear advantage. Comming into a season/ expansion late becomes a chore and you have to spend a long time taking Ls to players you might be better than just to catch up.

2 Likes

This was less of a problem in vanilla because it was expected that you’d be doing pve content also which has gear that’s roughly equal quality through bwl after which it just starts to eclipse the pvp gear outside set bonuses. But yea it can feel like a slog especially in arena, in bgs you also have the situation where consumes are unbelievably game changing. From a strict balance standpoint wow is just a terrible pvp game as far as fairness is concerned. It’s an rpg designed with gear progression in mind with pvp taped onto it.

I do like the faction specific classes for pvp though. Gives it a little Natural Selection asymmetric vibe.

Were they during OG SoM? I kind of doubt they will be, but this is also a problem we don’t have at the moment, which kind of speaks to the state of the game, when that’s the type of forum post we’re seeing :slight_smile:

If anything is a problem; its your lack of creativity in entertaining me.

I rate 1/10 for such a pitiful go at it.

Unless they are going to do something unexpected like put resilience gear in the game, I hope whatever SoM we get is not linked with Era.

It takes no skill or thought to Sweeping Strikes + Whirlwind and delete people with late game gear and heals. PVP in Classic is at its best pre-AQ and then just becomes mindless bursting

I’m not saying they should put resilience gear in the game but I wouldn’t complain either

Yeah,100% agree with that; pre-AQ Vanilla is BiS.
Blizzard 1000% screwed up buffing gear past BWL, and even BWL & R12,13,14 loot was too much in respect to class design.

Some friends and I tested loot in wow, and different classes are obviously different in this respect, but overall the game starts to break down once you pass Epic item level 63…

I would like to stress this is using molten core style loot too, so in reality Epic item level 60 is likely the threshold for balance on optimized loot.

There are ways to fix the problems, but most players don’t want fixed games, they want to tix boxes on items collected for the power trip fantasy they are wanting to meme and if you even mention game balance or fair play they freak out… its why warrior is so insanely popular in classic vanilla; because its literally 4X better than any other class.

The post bwl gear drops the resistance stats which is kind of a shame. Like the tier sets in AQ and naxx don’t have any of that stuff at all. You don’t even really need nature resistance in aq40 that much. I dunno, would have been cool if your naxx tier crafted from icy undeath made you resistant to fire in previous raids, a little rpg slant to it.

2 Likes

Not attempting to entertain you. I didn’t really play SoM, so was asking a genuine question, though I don’t think they did have SoM vs Era BGs.

And with regards to this not being a problem we have, it isn’t… and it’s interesting that that’s a topic you thought to bring up, since I suppose fishing for problems to discuss shows that we don’t have much in the way of issues happening at the moment, which is good.

If we had pre-nerf C’thun like in SoM, random nature resist on items would probably be useful. We were going through 2-4 GNPP’s per attempt while learning C’thun on SoM. A couple high-value NR items could have made learning the fight much less expensive.

Era C’thun is a joke though. No NR needed outside of Viscidus.

2 Likes

No one has defeated ‘pre-nerf’ C’thun. Your entire raid gets beamed in the halls between Sartura and Fankriss.

That was not pre-tuned eye.

whatever u know what he means :expressionless:
bosses should be hard mode, enough of this pushover crap

Yeah, I agree with that, just making it abundantly clear that was not pre tuned eye.

“Pre nerf” literally comes from Blizzard.

How many beams did your guild dodge in the Gauntlet? Zero? Nerfed.

1 Like

He does not know about Pre-tuned eye at all, and Blizzard is unlikely to know either… Because even though they have a “reference client” its not using the exact same patch structure. What I mean by this is, you can literally have the authentic database and the game will paly differently because the server side patches are not complete, unknown, or straight up missing and never documented.

Reason being that the “Reference” client they have is almost certainly reconstruction, not a legit complete mirror of an original server like say for example Tichondrius server.

Its nice that they buffed C’thun, but its not pre-tuned eye.

2 Likes

:joy: Okay dudes. Blizzard literally calls it pre-nerf C’thun. I guess you need to cope for missing out on SoM!

Isn’t despite being the most annoying, high profile zero impact forum troll you’ve ever encountered

1 Like

idk watching the era people cry about horde paladins in AV would be funny