Will SoM2 BG's be linked to Era?

Been thinking I may make an SoM2 character when it eventually turns up, but my concern when it comes out is that getting games will be slow if the population is not there for it.

Will BG be at least linked to Era so there is a big enough player base to get games popping?

1 Like

I thought they will be linked to Era and you better make a hordie with me. =)

Shaman in SOM2! lets DO ET

Unlikely, the freshers would throw a fit.

Either a priest or maybe first time a lock.

I wouldn’t care as long as there’s no class/race/item changes :wink:

But anyways, doubtful. They didn’t do it with SoM1.

It’s highly unlikely that the new season and Era will be linked for battlegrounds. As in, there’s almost no way.

With that being said I know of several people personally who plan to come back for the next season and are not playing now. Those games should definitely pop.

3 Likes

yeah there’s zero chance, it’s an unnecessary complication and goes against the spirit of fresh :expressionless:

3 Likes

Why would it be a challenge to have SoM on the same battlegroup?

Its virtually the same game, and so long as geat / game rules remain the same its overall no problem.
Heck, If bluzzard was real smart they would make SOM a PvE methodology change similar to SOM 1, but with experimentation of more quests and PvE things to do. Reason for this is more players = more better.

Fresh 60s vs Naxx geared characters from Era. Bad take tbh.

If you think era was “fresh” 3 months ago, then it was on life support during SoM. I doubt era going to retain much player base at all when a fresh comes along.

4 Likes

Been doing this for a bit on my fresh Pala, and long as I have some DPS who k know what end of the character goes toward the enemy things are actually fairly good.

Tons of players on Era are doing just like me on their fresh characters.

Bgs with only the early gear is half the fun of fresh servers

2 Likes

not even kidding, that is like 90% of the players in Era BG’s

I don’t think it would be a challenge to implement as much as Blizzard won’t do it like they didn’t for SoM.

Honestly a lot of people like the gear reset of fresh and people not having the Naxx and to a lesser extent AQ40 gear for PVP.

If you want to suggest the BGs being linked when Blizzard announces the next season you certainly can, but if you are going to roll on the season with a toon I’m telling you that people will be doing the BGs regardless.

Imo I would not be opposed to banning AQ / Naxx gear from BG’s forever

2 Likes

Let’s go nuts.
Template gear for everyone in bgs.
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

eewwwwwwwww…

Would not mind an Aura that boosts bad gear to Item level 62 epic while in BG’s, but the ability to customize characters is crucial to WoW and why the templates were trash in Retail.

Be careful what you wish for.

Blizzard likes easy.
Templates are easy.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Nah that’s 100% disgusting, I hated templates, and I think blizzard did too; why they don’t have that anymore.

This already happened in som.

Era players could xfer to a som realm and you’d have warriors in the av tunnel in full aq/naxx dps gear and mom just running into a blob and pressing whirlwind and killing 20 people instantly. Phase 1

Ehw… Yeah AQ+ loot kinda ruined the game, and honestly would not mind at all seeing its item level nerfed to like 60 - 62 because its hyper optimized.

1 Like