Will SoM Transfers Start Before Wrath is out?

With them announcing that SoM characters will have the choice to continue SoM characters in Wrath, does anyone have a clue if it will before or after Wrath Classic is launched. A full one year will be in November for SoM, but with Naxx all ready having been out for a while now it would seem, that it would be reasonable to get our 60s onto Pre-Patch to get to 70 for those who have an interest in WoTLK.

1 Like

no one knows

1 Like

Only data I’ve seen is this.

My guess is that it might be November as that syncs up with the 90 day timeframe to consider opening transfers to/from the new servers to be launched 30 August with the pre-patch. Also bringing y’all in later brings another wave of lower leveled characters to aid with the running of sub-80 dungeons to keep that activity level higher.

Hope they decide to provide more data soon but they seem to be waiting and giving just a few weeks notice with a lot of other decisions.

hoping that we are allowed to get to 70 in preparation for wrath, but who knows

1 Like

They’ve all but abandoned SOM for wotlk prep. Multiple new mechanics are not working properly and we’re unlikely to see any fixes. A few more months of Naxx would be disgusting.

2 Likes

That’s lazy and apathetic on Blizzard’s part.
As well as strangely familiar to Era players.
That sucks.

They are busy and I get that but to just abandon that part of the playerbase is ugly to see.
Hearing that makes me wonder now if it won’t be sooner rather than later so they don’t have to clean up the mess. Wonder if they’ve figured out how to move y’all to the what will be Wrath servers? The “mistake” back in the day of the Era → SoM transfers isn’t exactly the same but we know movement between those is possible.

1 Like

Yeah SoM is dead to be able to prep for wrath would be amazing•
And i hope they let you choose the server you want.

1 Like

Think most play would stop playing SoM if they have to wait till november. And some will just quit wow at all.

Wait or not most stopped playing SoM long ago.

1 Like