Will SOD progress to TBC

As the title suggests will sod move onto tbc now that that is up to phase 4 ?

There is literally no way. These devs don’t understand what is required for even extra vanilla content. SOD was not supposed to be “wow with rune slots” so the fact that you’re even asking shows that too many people don’t actually understand what we were supposed to get with SOD. Now if you were asking that question while also understanding at the same time that blizz is impossible to trust, I’d throw ya a bone. But there is absolutely no way this is going to happen. Here is what will happen. Blizz will make you think that it is a POSSIBILITY that you will get an official answer to your question/expectations. That is what they are doing to you, plain and simple. Don’t even start going down those daydream thoughts of “wow this idea sounds amazing for wow” yes and guess what, it will only ever exist in your fantasy land. Why? Because gamers don’t make games for gamers anymore. Darksiders 2 slogan - “a game made by gamers, FOR gamers”

I hope not…

I would totally jump ship now if they did a TBC SoD client though… Fresh Server, TBC (or even Wrath) with no constantly changing runes and balance issues. Just straight new content with better phases.

No constantly pulling the rug out from people.

/dream

2 Likes

This Kind of leans me more toward them moving to something they can just slap together and change some stats like they did with SOD

I personally do not see them making new designs or expanding on the current story line. They just copy pasted things from
Other versions changed the stats to suit the levels and called it SOD. Tbc just seems to be the next logical step

1 Like

I try to compare it to people filming movies. Maybe people nowadays don’t know how to use old film equipment for that vintage feel. Or know how to make the story match that vibe even if they used it. Same thing with blizz, yes they have new and better tech but do they have that ability to actually create through the lense of nostalgia? Because they show they aren’t willing to learn how to be that type of human or creative, I don’t think those days will ever come. We truly do live in the days of the movie Idiocracy.

1 Like

No because it defeats the intent which is to expand upon the world of classic. Not take you to a different world which has been the path blizz took previously,

What if they used the TBC/Wrath client and just closed the other worlds? I’d totally be down with a Classic Plus that used one of those clients focusing on the old world vs the wonkiness we have today.

1 Like

no, they seemed to have hinted at some post naxx stuff but the changes dont really support a tbc framework. hell many of the changes are just tbc baseline.

i see another iteration season of vanilla with the successful aspect of SoD added in much like the SoM changes.

You get what the Devs say is SOD. If you don’t like you stop playing and stop paying a sub. Even better you become a dev and you go make what YOU think SOD should be. End of story

1 Like

That’s adorable, keep telling people that so you can keep yourself in these awful cycles of subpar games and seasons.

As far as the unsub advice goes, that’s solid advice and I appreciate that.

But they have not really done that. They changed old dungeons to raids added a few mobs and quests at most they have not really expanded anything tbh no new zones such as emerald dream which is there but not used etc

Even the new spells are just from other version of the game nothing new is being made so tbc seems to be the direction in that same catagory of reused assets

i seriously hope not. i honestly wish they would just say hey we messed up with sod we apologize. we are going to scrap the idea and release a few vanilla/tbc/wrath servers and in the meantime work on a true classic+ for a year or so.

will more than likely be the nail in the coffin for SoD