Will Server Transfer Be Up For AQ

Because if it is… good luck blizzard your going to get wrecked… hard… like server collapses.

Why? You can’t get any realm firsts/scarab lord stuff for 90 days after transferring.

3 Likes

Because who is going to sit on a server and wait for AQ to open when they can jump to one that is?

Probably anyone who is in a guild.

You are greatly overestimating the amount of time it will take for the gates to open. Most servers have guilds/groups that have already pre-farmed the required mats. It will take nowhere near as long as it originally did in vanilla.

2 Likes

It’s still gonna take 5 days to ring the gong. And virtually every server will have at least a few guilds ready for launch.

This is why I wish they would open it now. I’m waiting to transfer to Pagle, but it’s been over a month now. If they don’t do it in the next few weeks…then I feel like they’re gonna have to wait until at least September or longer, which seems like an insanely long time to have a server locked.

On the other hand, if they’re planning to keep it locked and then unlock it around the time AQ hits…then that would be one of the most mind-numbingly idiotic ideas I can imagine. There’s already gonna be a huge influx of players for AQ. Adding server transfers on top of it would be ridiculous.

1 Like

If a server is currently locked, do you really think it’s going to be unlocked when a new patch hits and brings a bunch of people back to the game? If anything it would just amplify the reason for it being currently locked.

3 Likes

That’s what logic would tell you. But then that would mean these servers will stay locked for maybe 4 months. I don’t see Blizzard doing that, so I’m worried they’re gonna do the absolute worst thing they could do: Open them up immediately before or as AQ drops.

I wish I could say you are wrong, but Blizzard hasn’t been known to make many smart decisions lately, so you are probably right.

What does “Up” mean? Do you mean locked servers will be unlocked?

In my opinion, they won’t. It’s the same servers, the same internet, the same covid-19 pandemic. What will change because of AQ?

Let’s not pretend that Blizzard did this locking on a whim. It is a response to player realm transfers that caused 5-hour queues on a few servers. Will AQ change that?

1 Like

blizzard said that if you transfer you won’t be able to turn in scarab mount anyway for 90 days. they are adding scarab cooldown to prevent people from server hopping for turn ins.

Pagle shall remain locked. Stay or play on another server. Thanks.

1 Like