Will server capacity be reduced when Layering is turned off?

“Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.”

Yeah, but it is creating ques later on, it was said by the devs layering was to reduce ques and overcrowding, but in fact, it is going to create even bigger ques on phase 2.

4 Likes

That’s based off they servers WITH layering, it is also stated in that post that server capacity is not not being increased past 2006 levels

once layering is gone, 3k capacity.

1 Like

Exactly, it’s pointless.

if they need more servers in p2 they will make more servers in p2 and allow transfers free of charge most likely.

making more servers now would be a bad idea because we DON’T know what’s going to happen come phase 2, the population COULD drop by 80%+ like they predict.

1 Like

From that exact same post:

No, the fact that SO many players are dogpiling on ONE server is what is going to cause severe queues. Layering itself isn’t causing the queues.

EDIT: regardless of what number the realm cap is, if too many people roll on that server, queues happen. Layering is beside the point in this scenario.

That there is blizzards fault though, over estimated pve server need, didn’t make a south american server and let the streamers just have the run of the place forcing sane people onto herod.

3 of the 4 PVE servers have high pops. So I think they’re spot on so far. How does the PVE servers effect the population of PVP servers? It is not like they can’t add PVP servers. But if people aren’t moving off Herod to Stalagg, what makes you think they’ll suddenly move off Herod to a different new PVP server?

Not sure why I expected more. Should have known better by now.

well for one thing if they had planned it out better and had an SA server from the start we would have had 2 “non streamer” servers to spread out in, and if blizz would have just been like “streamers can save their names but only on this server” it would have been the best solution, and even if those are “high” it doesn’t compare to the “full” pvp servers, so if they had done away with one pve server to make another pvp server they could have had the pvp players spread out more in 3 servers without increasing server amounts and leaving dead servers

on the est coast anyway, don’t htink there’s much problem with the west coast servers, west coast tends to be less populated because raid times on those servers are rough for the rest of the country.

Honestly herod wouldn’t have been as badly populated if they had just given SA their own server, probably would have fixed most of it, people don’t want to play with LA and BR

It’s not like the PVE servers stopped them from spinning up a new server. People don’t want to be around Portuguese speakers, or streamers, or whatever. Fine, they don’t have to be on those servers. I understand why Herod got so bad, but at this point, people need to consider jumping to Stalagg if they don’t want to get stuck in ridiculous queues.

1 Like

Problem is the ship has sailed, Herod is the only EST guarantee of having a not dead server come 3-6-12 months from now, stalagg could die, and population is just about everything in vanilla

only time this could have been fixed is pre server name announcement and pre name registration

0 chance Stalagg will be dead. Smart people will reserve names now. Foolish people will wait until launch, get upset by 8 hour queues and THEN try to reroll on Stalagg (or whatever other PVP est server is up by then). Don’t forget, there are plenty of people who haven’t even subbed yet, so that realm will be full by launch.

My point is simply that the issues with Herod have nothing to do with the PVE servers.

EDIT: Also, I planned ahead for this type of stuff. I reserved only my main on my first choice realm. If fresh one opens up, I will reserve same name on that one and decide on launch day which to roll with.

2 Likes

The PVE server thing was to maintain overall server numbers, not any other reason, I think we’re bordering on too many servers if they add more then one more

PvE is fine. They might need one more est realm at launch, but maybe not. Herod needs to get sorted out, the sooner the better.

I’m in a lot of the communities for herod, no one is moving lol, they’ve already accepted the 10k+, hours long queues

sorry forgot a comma and made it look like the it would 10k+ hours lol

:roll_eyes:

I’m sure come launch some will see Stalagg filling up and decide to bail. Especially people that aren’t guilded yet.

Edit: I think the queues COULD be that long, lol. Once people login, they’re gonna try to not log out. (Kidding but sorta not kidding)

sent me discord invites pls.