Will S3 gladiator cutoff rating change due to dqs?

Super weird right? Cause If this GM says they have done their DQ’s, then why has the rating not changed??

4 Likes

That is very strange because then yes, the ratings would change.

6 Likes

S3 was a huge success for RMT and boosters. 100% satisfaction…

7 Likes

What is going on here. GM please?

5 Likes

I cannot fully confirm but apparently sethbc’s 5v5 team on NA from s3 did not receive r1 titles and seth’s name is missing from the s3 NA 5v5 leaderboard team. Seth received a ban I believe so stuff happened but no adjustments to the leaderboard rating cutoffs…just odd?

5 Likes

Something has to be done about this. Blizzard has always updated ladders in the past if someone got DQ’d / Banned. If there was DQs then that team has no ranking. Apparently this has been an issue in the past as well. Here is an old forum of banwaves in previous TBC seasons where blizzard had to update the rankings but many people had to complain about it to get a response. Forget to update OCE Arena Title Cutoffs?

@Devs @Blizzard Please help thanks.

9 Likes

This is clearly different from how they’ve operated from the previous seasons. Would really like to see some clarification on whats going on here blizzard.

7 Likes

Agreed. Would like to here a reasonable explanation at the very least.

6 Likes

@Devs @Blizzard Would really like some sort of clarification as to why the cutoffs across all brackets did not change this season after season end. It’s different from both seasons previously.

6 Likes

If you have a twitter, I would recommend tweeting @warcraftdevs with a link to this forum post. Oddly enough, that was one of the GMs suggestions when I submitted a ticket.

4 Likes

Sadly I don’t have Twitter or any social media accounts :frowning:

5 Likes

We just want a reason. Players deserve rewards/titles for what they accomplished without exploiting the game like so many again and again have proven to do and it just hurts the integrity of the game and can be soul crushing when players do it the right way and get gated by the consistent players doing it the wrong way.

7 Likes

Here is a tweet if that helps, go RT that ish.

6 Likes

Not exactly the same but I’ve been in a similar position. In legion season 4 my team was the very last slot for ferocious gladiator; all 3 of us were tied in rating for one spot. However we noticed two toons actually somehow win traded outta no where with horrible gear to push us out. They did ultimately get knocked off the list and all 3 of us shared that one last title spot since we had the same exact rating (blizzard was very sweet to do that for us haha).

Best of luck and hopefully blizz fixes the cutoff making it accurate!

5 Likes

The short answer is they just don’t care. Whoever goes through the teams “by hand” is likely 1 person, and they asked for an entire extra week, and then on top of that did absolutely nothing to adjust the ladder. Historically, the cutoff has dropped by about 20 points each season due to DQs and then ineligible teams have also been removed. There has been absolutely no mention of no longer treating ineligible teams as they have in the past, and given that there have been DQs in every season of arena, there is literally no chance there were no teams that should’ve been DQd this season.

Suppose I’m just adding fuel to the fire, but seems like alot of people are expecting an answer from Blizzard on this. I got two completely contradicting answers from 2 different GMs who responded to my ticket. By the looks of it, 1 or 2 people are involved in taking care of this process at the end of the season, and this time around they didn’t care to bother with it.

5 Likes

I think they will potentially address this…the main problem is it has already been a 3 week wait for titles and still being in limbo or not having an answer it really does kill the desire to play or at the very least its added stress…

4 Likes

Made another ticket today seeing if I can get another GM who could help. Nothing new. Here was my reply.

I understand you’re looking to check on cheating and disqualification. This is not something we manage through support, so we cannot provide much information on this. It would be best to submit feedback on this through the World of Warcraft forums here:

Let us know if you have any other questions. Take care, and have a great rest of your day! (^_^)/"

5 Likes

Seems like there is hope!

4 Likes

@Kaivax @Blizzard Would really like to see a comment on this

3 Likes

It will probably get fixed but they will address this as slow as possible with literally just one actual human person on the matter. No ones going to respond to this forum post. If they do fix it, they won’t say anything publicly then either.

The idea that you have to tweet at a games developers to get any sort of response on this is just silly… or the fact that you have to check a third party website for an actual ladder update from the public API.

4 Likes