Will Reputation (Renown) matter?

I haven’t seen any post mention this, but will reputation affect, either negatively or positively, our ability to buy the new bronze currency stuff? I made a human since their improved reputation bonus racial will help it in this limited time event.

There’s a few things locked behind achievements, some of which have the option to be fulfilled by reputation. In the end, I don’t think it’s going to be a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Reins of the Astral Emperor’s Serpent requires, among other things, exalted status with the Golden Lotus and the August Celestials factions.

Alrighty. Going to be making a human for this event since I want to be as efficient as possible getting as much collectibles as I can.

isn’t that just an option to do those? You can just do the dungeons and raids option and kill 3 rares.

Reins of the Astral Emperor’s Serpent is rewarded from completing Vale of Eternal Blossoms Vale of Eternal Blossoms during the Pandaria: Remix Pandaria: Remix event.
It requires you to complete TWO of the following achievements.

Looking For Group: Vale of Eternal Blossoms Looking For Group: Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Elusive Foes: Vale of Eternal Blossoms Elusive Foes: Vale of Eternal Blossoms
The August Celestials The August Celestials
Golden Lotus Golden Lotus

This is the nicest mount in the game.

https://imgur.com/a/JxSy05E

1 Like

when event goes live, don’t make a human just for rep increase. Not worth it, I think the rep gains are doubled. Ended up max’n Hozen rep just doing their story quests and never touching any of their dailies. Just started in Summit, so no other reps really going on atm to really test this. Think i’ll find out once get into Steppes and start doing Shadow-Pan rep there. But other then transmog, head/shoulder enchants there really is no reason on remix do reps, other then Anglers for the water walking mount. If you already havn’t done so on live servers.

1 Like

This is a PVE event, so no need to consider any race that will get any benefits from PVP racials.

There is no professions in this mode, so any racials benefits for this is irrelevant.

So I agree its either Human for the rep gain or a fox for the camping feature.

yeah there is some fast tracking with some of the reps - I got the cloud serpent exalted in two days.

I think the golden lotus is also boosted

Hozen rep is always supposed to get you to Exalted through the story, they don’t have dailies.

That said, I believe the 100% bonus rep that you can get on your account by buying and using the rep’s commendation at revered still applies in this mode, so if you’ve gotten that rep to revered on any character in the live game it’ll go quick as heck in Timerunning.

And of course that means that if you haven’t, I’d recommend getting to revered for the main factions on a character now so you can buy that commendation.

2 Likes

Can corroborate this… Pleasant surprise for me, since I had farmed Pandaria pretty extensively, and have the commendations for most factions.

That said literally just doing the first day of Cloud Serpent order had me well into Revered. Like a half hour of work. Didn’t get to try Tillers, which is the one I need and just could NOT bother with.

Tillers isn’t in Timerunning anyway. They replaced the Halfhill NPCs with an Infinite Bazaar since there’s basically no professions in Timerunning. I don’t know if Anglers is in (I didn’t level high enough to check) but I was able to train fishing at the Angler’s Warf. Not a whole lot you can do with the fish though, since you won’t be able to train cooking.

Omg, you broke my heart and I didn’t even think about that. But still maybe this will make me do it in downtime this coming season.

I have anglers done, one of my favorite reps ever. Tops was Netherwing and booteranging.

Hozen story ark never got you exalted and had many dailies to get your rep up, trust me I played many char’s during mop and non of the were near exalted after finishing Jade Forest.

fishing is only profession in mop remix, only due to Angler’s rep needing fishing to do a few of the dailies.

1 Like

The only way Hozen story arc didn’t get you to exalted was if you did it in 5.0 without the guild rep perk that existed at the time, in which case you were stuck at 20800/21000 Revered with no way to increase it further. MoP has tons of dailies everywhere, but not for the Hozen and Jinyu factions in Jade Forest.

1 Like

During the event, I was able to get exalted with the golden lotus with extreme ease. don’t stress about having to play a human to max rep quickly. Like 2-3 days of dailies will get yo maxed out.

Along with that got 600 Bronze for hitting exalted, so Also helps with the grind for mounts and such!

1 Like