Will mounts earned in classic be usable in retail?

It doesn’t break the #NoChanges rule, doesn’t really have much impact on classic, and encourages players to play both games.

From a business standpoint, it seems like a win/win scenario.

So do you think Blizz will do it?

2 Likes

No.

20 Likes

^ /10chars

3 Likes

They already said no.

4 Likes

No

4 Likes

Is there a source for this?

1 Like

Yes:

9 Likes

That’s not a source.

Well, okay, technically it is two sources. My apology!

7 Likes

Not going to dig it up but it has been said by blue posts that the two games will be seperate ecosystems. Ill see if i can find it but im sure any second now someone else is going to do it for me.

8 Likes

Blizzcon Classic 2018 panel. Go watch it.

12 Likes

Technically zero sources.

That’s ok, though. Others have chosen to help.

You mean two sources who correctly answered the question, twice?

8 Likes

I guess? I’m not sure that this would be a significant exception to such a rule.

If true, this is a good source. Do you remember roughly where it was in the video?

I believe it was in the Q&A, but it’s been almost a year since I watched it. So my memory is foggy.

Id highly recommend you watch the entire Classic Blizzcon panel from 2018 it’s got some really good information in it.

1 Like

This is the first time I’ve posted a question to the forum.

I appreciate that you provided a source, though.

2 Likes

There are at least 2 reasons for not letting this happen:

1. They want to preserve the integrity of retail. If you got a Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal in vanilla, that was supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime achievement that wouldn’t be available again. It should stay that way. (Granted, the existence of the BMAH undermines this for some other mounts, but that’s another issue.)

2. They don’t want people playing Classic just to get stuff for retail. If you’re playing Classic it should be because you actually like Classic, not because you want to get stuff for retail.

That said, I don’t care that much about this issue.

Edit: I also figure it would take some work on the technical side to make this happen. They’d have to program a mechanism for Classic activity to register with your retail account. That as much as anything is probably why they don’t want to do it.

5 Likes

Apologies, I mistaken you for someone else. I edited my response above <3

Players may want this, but I don’t think Blizz cares much. In fact, they seem to dislike mounts that were only available for a short time. The BMAH is further evidence of this.

Again, I don’t think Blizz dislikes this idea. I think it’s some of the players that do.

Still, both of these are fair points against the idea.

1 Like