Will Molten Core/BWL be retuned for a classic experience?

Except that was always the case in Vanilla, yet we didn’t see that in Vanilla and we won’t see it in Classic due to logistics alone.

The thing is that people want to re-tune Molten Core.

Re-tuned 1.12 isn’t going to be identical to our 1.1 experiences. You can’t just up boss HP and expect everything to go back to the way it was at launch with no other changes.

Does it move us closer though?

Give us a percentage hitpoint buff that you think should be applied to MC/BWL bosses, that you think would be appropriate to make it more “authentic”.

We all know that unless they find something completely broken in beta, they’re not changing anything.

I’m pretty sure there was guilds progging MC and BWL in 1.12 so who are you to call their experience false?

Ion’s said they’re not doing number tuning, Just let it die.

Except every single try-hard is going to be rolling a warrior,rogue or mage this time around thanks to Private server mentality being incredibly strong in this day and age.

1H weapons are going to be such a rarity…

1 Like

Give us a percentage hitpoint buff that you think should be applied to MC/BWL bosses, that you think would be appropriate to make it more “authentic”.

15%?

People are going to be encouraged to stack warriors/rogues because they’re just better, though the idea of tryharding when the content is easy is silly.

1 Like

Not really. We simply know too much about the game now compared to when we were all fresh 60s with most of us having WoW as our first ever MMO.

Small increases aren’t going to do anything because we can beat the needed DPS by a pretty solid margin on the higher DPS classes.

and large increases will just send more and more guilds down the route of tryharding and stacking Rogue/Warrior so they can maximize DPS, since insanely high health increases will begin making it mandatory to do that.

There’s no putting the cat back in the bag here. We can get the game back, but we can’t get the experience back.

lol not this narrative again.

Hmm. I disagree with this. Some increases will make things more authentic - even if it doesn’t make the game mechanically harder. It created a post on this, but it will cause MC and other instances to take more time. Thus, things will become grindier. BiS will change since mobs die slower. Mana wil matter. If MC takes 3 hours and your guild hasn’t gotten Thunderfury yet, have fun convincing 40 guild mates to waste 3 hours of their time for a single item when they’d rather progress.

It will in fact become more authentic I think.

1 Like

What would be the point in making intentional easier entry level raids hard?

MC wasn’t always an ‘entry level’.

How much do you propose they buff the bosses in MC/BWL? Should Nefarian have more health than Patchwerk? Is that authentic? Will it feel like an authentic experience going from BWL to AQ40 and the bosses having significantly less health?

Should we tune up AQ40 and Naxx then?

It’s also going to make things less authentic by pushing raids into more and more min/maxing, since you’d need somewhat significant increases in HP to actually pull off what you’re talking about here.

And we just might as well reclassify hybrids as only healers, because they suddenly wont be able to meet basic DPS requirements anymore.

Unfortunately, the stigma of hybrids = healers did exist for a reason. I mean, if your guild fails to progress, your few off specs won’t be and shouldn’t be the reason why. That being said, to roll a hybrid and to “expect” to dps isn’t exactly Vanilla either.

1.12 seems to be out of control as it is according to the beta. If Blizzard fixes nothing, then it’s even further from the authentic Vanilla experience than I previously thought.

I’ll take the route of what is closest to authentic Vanilla every time and sacrifice everything else. And this includes Naxx also. As Harland put it, I’d sacrifice Naxx at the altar in favor of preserving the older raids. 1.11, 1.12 - they really screwed the pooch there.

The DPS imbalance affects more than just hybrids. There is a not insignificant disparity between the pures + Warriors in how much DPS they can put out.

Too much has changed by 1.12 that if you attempt to force Molten Core to run like it’s 1.1 again you’re just going to damage authenticity elsewhere.

How long Molten Core takes to be cleared isn’t the only measure of authenticity.

So are you here just to cry? You should be happy you’re getting this project period.

Nah, i don’t want MC 1.1. That’s way too much. But a happy medium would be nice. 30 minutes MC runs just weren’t a a thing. As we hit AQ40 and we were weaning ourselves off of MC, our runs would still be around 2 hours or 2 + hours.

Seeing the 1.12 beta and watching people run through instances like it’s retail really isn’t sitting well with me. As it stands, things will be even easier than they are on private servers.

The one thing that could probably be the easiest fix is to revert back tanking and threat changes to pre 1.11 and dont’ bother with upping the hitpoints. Then Naxx can have a “Naxx Buff” just for itself.

Hybrids can stay relevant longer, mobs take longer to die, everyone wins!