Will Molten Core/BWL be retuned for a classic experience?

I’d love a re-tune, but it isn’t gonna happen. They said we’d get an authentic experience, we aren’t getting it. We are however getting the 1.12 experience. The nerfed to poop dumb version of Vanilla.

hahaha. I’m so bitter.

2 Likes

At least the PvP will probably be good

MC will still be a challenge if you don’t use consumables and let everyone be in their pvp specs and don’t farm pre raid BiS.

For Molten Core at least, I would say people not using consumables and not being in their pre-raid BiS is pretty authentic.

A lot of us really didn’t know any better yet =P

Hard to tell. No one really raided MC/BWL or even AQ40 in 1.12. Those that weren’t in Naxx were waiting for TBC. I hope you’re right though. But I do remember late in the game MC being pugged half way - not a true pug but a bunch of guys from the same 4-5 guilds.

Who knows. But, world PvP should be fun. Watching that massive wpvp battle on the streamers streams was amazing. Maybe, I’ll roll PvP server? Mebbe?

The class updates came throughout Vanilla. For example, the major Warrior update came in patch 1.6 with BWL. The debuff limit was increased in patch 1.7, two months later. There were plenty of guilds wiping in MC and BWL well after these changes were made to the game.

People seem to be under the misconception that these changes all came at the very end of Vanilla and they really didn’t.

1 Like

Knowledge/playerbases change over time. That’s the only reason why MC/BWL seem like such a faceroll compared to back then.

Im planning on fire mage, so sooner that contents done the better :sunglasses:

Exactly its not authentic, its a snapshot (which vanilla never was). Classic is not vanilla but it is an echo of the end of vanilla. Rolling back nerfs I dont think can happen but making adjustments to the difficulty of encounters to preserve the integrity of fights at the very least deserves consideration.

For example it should not be possible to burn through Ragnaros before he submerges in pre-raid BIS gear. With full consumables and current tier raid gear fine it could be viable if you class stack.

Otherwise are we really honouring the spirit of vanilla and living up to blizzard quality? To cheapen bosses so much they can be zerged?

Blizzard should remove the debuff limit and buff the bosses hp.

What you’re proposing would buff ragnaros to an extent where no one could down him without stacking consumables/world buffs.

You want authenticity? Join a terrible guild.

The biggest problem with tuning raids is that the DPS between classes, even just the pure DPS classes, isn’t consistent.

So what are you going to balance not being able to burn Ragnaros down before the first submerge around?

If you balance it around lower DPS numbers you change nothing, and if you balance around Rogue/Warrior you just encourage everybody to do nothing but stack Rogue/Warrior so they can zerg Ragnaros.

1 Like

they said 1.12 so sorry but it will be how it was then like everything else is still classic just the latest version of and im pretty shore the only one they got or they would change stuff to earlier.

Or it could be a joint time-based or HP based submerge (which ever comes first). All I am saying is, dealing with at least one wave of sons of Ragnaros should be a part of that fight, we did two waves on our first kill.

In vanilla when an unintended method of killing a boss was found, they changed and/or banned people, kiting broodlord to vaels room, evade glitching the raptor on mandakor, casting divine intervention on razorgore etc.

Unintended method of killing a boss? You mean doing over 230 dps per DD? Please.

People have all kinds of nonsense about what did or did not happen in Vanilla in their head. The bugs that are not bugs because a lot of people went by Private server balance which was off are a great example of this. People have not played the actual Vanilla in 12 years.

It was not just about knowledge and people pretend that add-ons like Big Wigs, Recount, etc did not exist in Vanilla. Even when it came to knowledge everything was there if you knew where to look. It just wasn’t as accessible as it is today. We see how well that worked out for Retail as most cannot do the content even with a YouTube walk-through. Players have a very high opinion of themselves and think they will be able to just steamroll content without any gear. They are in for a rude awakening.

Vanilla content was not hard by any measure, but it involved massive logistics that retail wow doesn’t even come close to by any real measure. You even had to track guild bank items through alts with add-ons. People forget the actual logistics involved with keeping 50 plus raiding members organized. They all think they will have a world first raiding guild. They will find out quickly that it is not that simple.

I would worry more about gold runs that have been found since 2006 and if they are actually viable, everyone will be pigeonholed into them.

Yeah, I agree. its a bit of a stretch isnt it.

I dunno cheapening an iconic boss to be a zergable lolfest makes me a little sad I suppose. He was so iconic way back when.

No changes bro.

Psst: 1.12 with locked content is a change.

1 Like

Fans: I want phased content!

Blizard: Ok.

Fans: WAAAAAH I don’t want phased content!

LOL