Will Hunters NEED to choose Necrolord to tame undead?

I have been doing beta and not PTR, but to be honest there are no undead I really want. There are so many others though. Shale worms, Cloud Serpents, Alpacas, those new mechanical lions… I may need to bite the bullet and level my Mechagnome hunter up just to have more stable spots.

We’re getting 200 in SL. You need more than that? :open_mouth:

1 Like

That was also a thought I had. It would put me behind everyone elce tho.

I already had to do catch up with my cape (maxed this week), dont want have do do it for a whole cov! lol

What ones can we tame? I remember trying a few and it didn’t work

Undead bears:

Undead spiders:

Ghosts:

Undead bird:

There are others but these are just examples.

Oh I know it is on PTR right now. I was just curious what kind of pets would be undead. Also there are some pets that look dead to me like bears, but I guess they are not considered undead more plague or something? I looked it up on Petopia so I see what the OP is referring to now. Which is cool I guess I’ll be doing a lot of taming here soon.

I’m with ya. There’s a few infected animals that arnt ture undead around already (like listed above) but they dont count in my eyes. Hell, are they marked as “undead”? If not then they dont count

Instead are zombies, need some bones and/or rotting flesh, not a sick bear, lol

1 Like

Hmm I don’t know how they don’t count. They have bones sticking out of their skin and their race is rotted off. Also, ghost aren’t undead…? Since when?

1 Like

I planned on going Necrolord anyway but I’m pretty sure Undead Hunters get this ability as soon as pre-patch starts. I can’t wait.

If there not tagged as undead then there not undead

There more infected then undead, and this isnt l4d, lol

I have no idea what this is but whatevs. I still think they’re undead.

I can’t post a link but I use the diseased gazelle as my current pet. Definitely looks like a zombie deer.

1 Like

That looks pretty undead to me and it’s currently tameable.

3 Likes

Hmm. Well, there are a couple things I could do horde side (like unlocking Zandalari and Vulpera) if I switched to undead for a wee bit. I really don’t have a Covenant in mind for this guy, my main interest going into SL for him is any Dark Ranger customizations.

There’s those skeletal T-Rex at Zuldazar and the mummified raptor at last boss of kings rest that should be tameable if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

L4D. means Left 4 Dead. A video game with zombies.
I thought they were undead but after looking at the petopia animals I can kinda see the difference. I mean I thought the plague bears were undead with rotting flesh, but I guess they are more so diseased? I look forward to unlocking the tome all the same.

I think “diseased” was just the justification for taming them but there are a lot of ghost we can tame and those are definitely undead.

p.s. And that hawk Rankin and I linked? You can’t tell me that’s not undead :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I had that bird as a tame, so that is why this post confused me. I think they are looking at very distinct animals under the term undead. Again I agree with you that to me it looks undead, so it is a bit confusing but after looking at Petopia i kind of came out of it with a bit more clarity.

Dark Range customization…go on. I’m listening.

No I agree. I would 100% agree with that bird being undead. But I think since it has been in here for quite some time, it would be weird to then lock it down all of a sudden, just to unlock it again after you get the tome. That is my thoughts behind it.