Will feral druids ever be good?

I’m looking through my character roster and the only spec I’ve never played even for a little bit is feral druid. I think the reasons for this are mainly that druids get pretty close to zero options for customization, and of course feral is always at the bottom of the list for any dps category measurable. I don’t want to try it out until I can at least be moderately helpful in group content. Do you guys think feral druids will ever be good?

Again*.

Feral was pretty dope in Legion if memory serves.

3 Likes

For most pugs and average raid groups this is not the case. Feral can perform just fine, just not at a CE level. Heck you can even get CE as feral but don’t expect to be outdpsing the best of the best at other specs.

I used to raid with a feral who was consistently the top 5 in DPS every, single, boss. And that guild was a CE top 100 Alliance guild at the time.

5 Likes

Feral druid is good if you know how to play it, and it is not always at the bottom of ‘any’ chart.

Unfortunately, other classes/specs just win out for damage and utility.
I personally hope that it will do better in the near future, but I wouldn’t say it is awful by any means.

3 Likes

Could be, I didn’t start playing until the tail end of Legion.

I remember having a lot of fun with Feral in Mists or WoD myself. I cannot remember which.

I have mained it since I started playing in late Cata.

4 Likes

Feral is missing something unique. If they had cloak they would be more attractive option or a unique utility.

Feral Druids have an up and down cycle. During the ups, they are often very good. However, people at large only remember the downs so it is still hard to get groups.

I feel like it depends on how well you play your class and such, but to be honest, I don’t think it will ever be good.

They’re often good in arena, albeit very difficult to play well and therefore somewhat unpopular.

Feral druid is good right now… at some very specific things that’s about it.

So my worthless input, but at some point a while back people were crying about feral druids on the forums in pvp, calling for a nerf, I decided to try mine a bit at the time and they were right, I tore everyone to shreds. It was something with the bleeds and procs?

I know it’s not pve related just wanted to throw that out there

You clearly never played feral at the end of wotlk or during cata at all when it was so op they made feral/gaurd 2 sep specs. Was also incredibly op in legion and the start of bfa. Was overshadowed by ironically shadow in legion as that was even more broken. Its lookijg good for df start too with some of the trinkets. As feral is still the only class in game that can snapshot its dps it all comes down to whats available for us to abuse at the time.

They really need to bring back Mancat for feral, most fun I’ve ever had playing that spec :frowning:

No but if it ever does happen if there isn’t an animated “Father is it over” meme of a blizzard employee holding a feral druid I’m gonna be disappointed

Yeah, most classes are better if you know how to play them though.

1 Like

Same point, yes.

I mean better than feral, not just in general :wink:

Yes, correct.

They are good in WotLK

1 Like