Will Blizzard take action against Overwolf?

You mean they way they “could not control”, “can not stop”, “have no real case against” wow glider? Until they finally became tired of playing cat and mouse with them and had them shut down by their legal teams?

If overwolf as a business entity contravenes Blizzards TOS they will take legal action if they must.

Believe or not. I don’t see Overwolf being dopey enough to push this matter in that way so it’s mostly an academic discussion in any case.

I won’t be using Overwolf for my addons. I didn’t like Twitch either.

I’ve already downloaded a different third-party app with no ads that takes care of it for me.

That was a botting program, quite different. Overwolf does nothing in the game itself.

Is there a particular reason Blizzard themselves don’t handle add-ons?

Because why would they pay someone to do what the community does for free.

I meant, why don’t they facilitate the distribution of the add-ons as an official hub?

Probably because they could then be held accountable for the content.

1 Like

They did not want playes to feel any particular Addons were “blizzard approved” over others. When they have decided an addon truly added enough universal value they have simply developed their own version in the base UI (outfitter comes to mind).

1 Like

The nanosecond ads appear while Im playing a game that I pay for, Im gone faster than Superman traveling in space.

Then you really shouldn’t download it. If you do, it’s not Blizzard’s or the game’s fault. No ads show up when Overwolf is NOT installed. So your threat is moot.

Hum… I wonder if they’ll replace the blizzard tips with overwolf ad’s during the load screens.

Actually it’s horrible.

Haha, yea the only reason why Activision Blizzard would sue Overwolf is because they didn’t think that idea would of been acceptable with the community so they could of used it first for ad revenue. Inb4 adds in WOW about Call of Duty’s next game release.