Will Blizzard finally deal with Thalen Songweaver

Now that Shokia is back after, well almost a decade. I am hoping we finally deal with Thalen. Hell, if Aethas wanted to give Jaina a gift, I think she would prefer his head over a music box.

2 Likes

Agreed, his sin is unforgivable.

I’m referring, of course, to the sin of muddying the waters around the Thalassian lifespan. The rest is kinda whatever.

3 Likes

Seems a bit presumptuous to assume he’s still alive past MoP, either to tie up loose ends after Theramore, or from the siege without any proof of him still breathing.

1 Like

One could have assumed the same thing about Shokia considering she along with Thaelen and co helped Garrosh escape and yet here we are.

1 Like

But now there’s proof she’s alive.

Since when has Thalen Songweaver been relevant in the past couple years, both in and out of universe?

2 Likes

Shokia coming back was a surprise and I have to admit that it did make me wonder where the rest of the Rescue Garrosh crew was. Like Kairoz and Zaela are dead, Wrathion is competing with Sabellian for the position that should be Ebyssian’s, Left and Right are still aligned Wrathion, and Shokia wants to be back with the Horde, while both Thalen and Harrowmeiser are currently MIA.

Now by her own admission Shokia had spent the time serving as both a mercenary and pirate, so it’s possible that Thalen and Harrowmeiser did so likewise. Perhaps they will be recognizable names with that Captain Nightsquall that Blizzard is promoting with that Pirate Proclamation book.

Perhaps instead of using pirate attacks as an excuse to avoid the Lor’themar x Thalyssra wedding, Jaina really was dealing with pirate attacks and down the road could have her own personal quest chain dealing Thalen, as Baine had a quest chain dealing with old hatreds and old friends.

9 Likes

It was obviously an excuse considering that Talanji was present at Thalyssra and Lor’themar’s wedding and Jaina is Talanji’s Thalen Songweaver, afterall.

1 Like

If I could roll up a single NPC into a teeny ball and sweep them under the fridge, never to be thought of again… well, it’d be a hard choice but Lorash Sunbeam is absolutely on my list for just that reason.

5 Likes

I knew it’s an excuse but Blizzard does recon and I can easily see them making the pirate attacks a real thing, as they introduce this new Captain Nightsquall guy.

Thalen song weaver was some Dev’s edge lord Sanlayn OC that will never be meaningfully be used again

Thalen Songweaver isn’t a Sanlayn

I am aware. My statement stands.

1 Like

We will see, i guess if blizzard remember him at all, he will be relevant soon enough.

1 Like

Thalen did nothing wrong. Destroying Theramore was community service.

2 Likes

No because the victor Voljin wrote history as the victor. He made Garrosh into an orc supremacist and Thalen would expose the lie so he was killed by Voljins terrorist thugs.

lol. lmao.
garrosh fans blame everyone but garrosh for garrosh’s failings.

3 Likes

Blizzard needs to bring Thalen Songweaver back just for the simple fact Crispin Freeman is his VA. Need me some more Freeman in my WoW characters please :wink:

2 Likes