Will Blizzard ever listen to the collectors in this game?

I think a mount vendor that comes around during each seasonal event (noblegarden, hallows end etc) where you spend seasonal tokens that you get for doing seasonal events and dailies and allows you to save up so you can buy the headless horsemen mount during noblegarden or something. even if it takens several seasonal events to save up enough tokens to just buy one mount would still be better than hoping for the RNG gods to bless you.

1 Like

considering how 90% of the game is collecting stuff, I’m pretty sure they listen plenty.

you having something to whine about doesn’t mean they don’t listen to you. you’re not a representative of a demographic. you’re literally nobody.

Lol yes “collectors” do

2 Likes

Well, as a mount collector let me throw my two cents in (two cents is pretty worthless but some people still pick up cents when they see them).

I love hard to get mounts. I have some of the ones that are hard to get and it’s cool to whip them out and show them off. I also love it when someone rides something I don’t have. And yes, I get frustrated and angry when I don’t get a mount I try and try and try to get over and over and over and over again. But that day when it does drop and the rush and the feeling of finally having it is just too sweet.

I get the frustration. I often flip my computer off (poor thing didn’t even do nuffin) when I run Freehold yet again and get nothing. So I get it. But part of being a mount collector on Warcraft is frustration. For reference I have 877 mounts across my account. There are sooooo many more to get. But my two cents. . .I don’t want them to suddenly become easier to get. Put in the time like everyone else. But also, I don’t get angry or upset when Bliz makes some of these easier to obtain. Because some of these should still be rare. Just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue: Some get lucky. . .others flip innocent computers off.

So plunderstorms?

Didn’t you also complain about those and their deterministic grindable mounts?

1 Like

Was this really directed at me or the collective “you”?

Adding on towards the collective. There are more than enough mounts to get all achievements without needing to worry about RNG drops.

PvP brawl, WQ aren’t plunderstorm, you’re comparing a new game that’s using WoW assets with in game modes that can use your own classes…

My only comment about this mode, I actually like it but its limited and that adds this feeling of playing for the rewards instead of playing the gameplay that a lot of players are doing by just farming the quest, kill the character…repeat.

Also, rewards in WoW corrupts the data of the actual engagement of the mini game because it was fun, as I mentioned in that comment.

A PVP brawl could be like Cooking Impossible but instead of doing the current receipt, the whole BG changes to love/hallow’s end assets and you do a chocolate, a witch potion…add some buffs in the BG or extra buttons like League of Legends does with the snow ability that teleports you to your enemy or Overwatch does with some Arcades that are the regular game with a little change if you pick up something.

Ok, just checking.

And I agree.

Which is why they added the mount to the holiday update. RNG Mounts are unreasonably effective at getting players to do holidays year on year. They aren’t going anywhere unless that fact changes.

It’s the most innovative PvP brawl they’ve ever added. And there’s a world quest to gain plunder. I thought you wanted them to innovate?

i honestly dont see the point in collecting anything at all. pick something you like and get it. if its too hard to get or costs to much get something else you like thats easier and less time consuming. unless thats what you want to do, in which case you have no right to complain about anything. some people play the pokemon “gotta catch em all” with all mogs all mounts all toy all acheivments all ratings all everything to the max.
personally i’ve learned to like what i have currently and not always seek out the next thing that i “GOTTA HAVE”. basic 2 or 3 favorite mounts, 1 or 2 mogs per character, sure there are LOTS of REALLY cool items i would have liked to have had, but i’d rather do something else than chase that rabbit down the hole when I could have been having fun with what I had all along?

True, that’s why I mentioned evergreen rewards as part of my ideal holiday update, it’ll need an incentive, fun can be also an incentive.

Yeah, In game for Holidays, Sure holidays could have a sceanrio like plunderstorm in game, the problem with plunderstorm is that only focus a portion of players, a good update will provide content to multiple parts, so they can grind the currency and don’t engage content that they don’t like.

If you’re doing WQs, do it outside the pvp scenario, keep the pvp focus on that, create an invasion / world event like the Soup, Superbloom, Time rifts…and keep the pick up eggs for the roleplayers and the essence of the holiday.

Every player will do something different depending on their playstyle and get the same currency for the rewards.

I am not sure I have ever seen any content update that doesnt appeal to a portion of players. I dont remember a currency you can get from open world, dungeons, raiding, pvp for the same rewards.

1 Like

Well, the set of content that appeals to all players is the empty set.

Everything is going to have some players who it doesn’t appeal to, and not only is that fine, It’s impossible to avoid.

Most of the complaints that say that are actually someone complaining that something got added for a set of players that does not include them.

3 Likes

Collector here, and I enjoy “the grind”. I love running old content or doing holiday events, it gives me an excuse to use the alt army I also enjoy building up. I would dislike seeing them put on a vendor, as I personally really enjoy the RNG of it and the not knowing if this run will be it or not.

To the people saying we shouldn’t get mythic mounts: Y’all already get your mythic keystone one for the m+ dungeon crowd and your AOTC one for the raider crowd. The one left in for later is for collectors to enjoy.

1 Like

Well, we’re talking in the context of Holidays and their “Holiday” refresh / update as part of the road map, it should bring a lot of content that appeals to different audiences, its obvious that some of that content will have their complainers because its a massive game with X amount of type of players.

However; It’ll be a lot of content available for the players, holidays had a mix of pick up candy/egg/love charms and a boss fight, so there’s already rewards that have a same currency from 2 different activities, Devs could improve the gameplay providing better replayability.

Holiday events typically focus on content for one specific type of player.

The “open world casual”. It doesnt typically have any varied content.

I do not consider Plunderstorm holiday content. Since its not.

1% drop rate for a mount in a raid is one thing, 1% drop rate for a 1 week event is disrespectful

2 Likes

Are gladiator mounts perpetually farmable?

its not, you need to read the comments to understand why it was mentioned…i didn’t bring that.