Will Blizz address the bot issue?

Probably the main deciding factor in if I’ll play or not. On the bright side this season will only be a 12 month plan but it’ll still suck to see bots flooding the market right from launch.

5 Likes

Yes and No, on the surface blizzard will always say they take botting seriously they also have a financial incentive not to really deal with them that harshly. They do ban waves but allow bots to operate for months before getting banned. That way they can say they are doing something about it while collecting 3-4 months of sub money. I should be extremely easy for blizzard to identify bots at this point but its all about the $$. Private servers banned bots almost immdely its crazy a multi-billion dollar company can’t/wont do the same.

2 Likes

Bots = subscription money. So why would blizz intentionally kill their revenue stream? They likely take action once the real players quit and affect their revenue stream.

1 Like

For classic, i doubt that stolen accounts are an issues. Anyone can create a trial account for free, pay 1 month sub and instantly have an account. The incentive to steal someones account is pretty much gone for classic.

You’re woefully naive if you believe that post. lol (in context of Classic and TBC)

You’re woefully naive if you think Blizzard would consistently lie about something like this for well over a decade. Part of Vrakthris’ job is dispelling misinformation, he’s been with Blizzard since 2006. I’m going to believe his post and not the crying of forum experts.

Some truth to what he’s saying because without a little sprinkle of it you wouldn’t eat the rest of the BS.

tsk tsk time to grow up and realize people lie, corporations lie, and will do things that are not in your benefit but their own.

Here, I’ll type it out in a way a conspiracy theorist might be able to understand.

Blizzard employees are currently dragging their company through the mud; have you been paying attention to the news? Do you think these people that are not being fired for going HAM on their company would be willingly lying for 15 years about something like this? What is the criteria for you believing a Blizzard employee has lied? I’m sure you believe some of the stuff they put out, right? Did you believe their accusations against their bosses and employer? Why are they lying about this?

Thinking will get you far in life.

P.S: All of the stuff they’re accusing their company of doing, do you see anything about CS being forced to lie? No, because they’re not lying. Go ask Vrakthris if he’s being forced to lie about fraudulent charges and see what he says. Go ask any of the former Blizzard employees that are currently laying into their company if being forced to lie to the playerbase on the regular was one of the job demands.

Sure, that all makes a lot of sense. Now let me offer a counterpoint:

The swarm of bots continues to pwn many WoW servers unabated. Not even fresh bots. I’ve personally seen the same bots going day and night for over a month on end.

If Blizzard is truthful, it still means that whatever they’ve been doing to address the bot issue is absolutely ineffective.

I’ve been seeing people complain about all the level 58 BRD Rogue bots that are in there 24/7, there’s currently one level 70 Rogue in BRD on Benediction. I’ve also seen screenshots of those Mana Tomb Rogue bots, there’s currently two level 64 Rogues and two level 70 Rogues in Mana Tombs on Benediction. Benediction is the largest server in the world.

Bots get banned, accounts get scammed. The process is a flat circle, it repeats infinitely until this game shuts down or people as a collective whole become significantly more intelligent.

I think they will care more about mage farming than bots. They can make a profit from bots so they probably won’t get rid of them. Im sure they will also release the wow token along side that as well.