Will a laptop with these Specs run WoW Shadowlands?

Processor:
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5500U Processor (2.10 GHz, up to 4.00 GHz Max Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 8 MB Cache)

Operating System:
Windows 11 Home 64

Graphics:
Integrated AMD Radeon™ Graphics

Memory:
8 GB DDR4 3200MHz (4 GB Soldered + 4 GB DIMM)

Storage:
1 TB 5400 RPM HDD + 256 GB PCIe SSD

Maybe. Blizzard recommends a standalone GPU for their games. This GPU is built into the CPU and has a poor performance rating compared to the minimum options required for play.

VIDEO
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 2 GB or AMD Radeon™ RX 560 2 GB or Intel® UHD Graphics 630 (45W TDP) *Requires manufacturer’s driver support.

3 Likes

It will, but you might not get max settings with that graphics chip.

8 GB of RAM isn’t where I’d want to be but it works.

Everything else looks solid.

If you have a bigger budget I would still look for something slightly better, if you can.

1 Like

I’m not looking for max settings, probably not even medium. I would just want to be secure that it could handle the game, raids and pvp without becoming a slide show.
I’m trying to find something that’s cheap $600.00 or under but also not a gaming laptop because they’re built like the millennium falcon. It’s a brutal reality because almost everything I’ve found in that price has similar specs.

This isn’t it, then.

A score of 706 points above the bare minimum is going to be undesirable if you plan to do anything other than play solo. The frame rate won’t be able to handle crowded areas or the full graphic effects of encounters. And if you include addons or other software like Discord running in the background, it may be unplayable.

3 Likes

Ok, well thank you very much! I’ll just keep doing my research for a laptop.

You’re not going to be able to reliably raid at this price point.

Double that and you’ll get closer to the mark.

There are sites (including Amazon) that will finance a laptop (also try clxgaming.com).

1 Like

Look for something with good single-core performance, a standalone GPU, and an SSD. Playing WoW on an external drive is not recommended (per staff). For memory, 8GB is workable, but it will feel rough.

I recommend checking out Best Buy’s open box area on their website for deals.

2 Likes

Alright, thank you!

It won’t let you reply to yourself without some forum history :slight_smile:

Sorry, that was the wrong link.

Try this one instead:

This is where I bought my current desktop. They let you finance through a third company (one that I’ve seen many other sites use).

the laptop i use is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340-15II

some info

Intel Core i5-1035G1 (1.20Ghz - max boost 3.20Ghz, Cores: 4, Threads: 8, 6MB Cache

20GB ram DDR4 3200MHz (used to have 8 GB DDR4 3200MHz (4 GB Soldered + 4 GB DIMM)

Intel UHD Graphics G1 (UHD 920)

1 Like

I’ve found this laptop and I think I’ll probably go for it, I found it for under $700.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3i 15.6-in Gaming Laptop Intel Core i5-11300H NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 120Hz FHD IPS Display 82K100LNUS

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.