Wildfire Infusion Alternative?

Hey all, I’ve been playing my hunter more recently and have taken a liking to Survival, but the Wildfire Infusion talent kind of kills it for me. It feels extremely weird to play around and I have grown to dislike this talent a lot. I know taking another talent in its place would be a dps loss but as long as its not a massive hit, I’m ok with losing some dps if it means I don’t have to play this talent anymore. What would be the best alternative talent I could use in its place? I’m currently running the Spearhead build and there seems to be a few different places I could put the point and can’t choose, so any insight from a more experienced surv hunter would be much appreciated!

Again, I understand not running this talent will be a decent hit in dmg, but as long as I’m not dropping to tank dmg, I’m ok with the hit, just don’t want to deal with this talent anymore.

it sounds like you’re overthinking the WFI talent, you don’t need to play around it at all

3 Likes

If you’re already taking an ST-only talent in Spearhead, why not just use Quickshot to path into Fury of the Eagle instead of WFI? (I’m assuming you’re aiming for FotE; else there’s no reason to take WFI anyways if you’d rather avoid it.)

That said, the only management for WFI is in wanting (nearly) 3 Butchery charges ready before Shrapnel in mass AoE, since the DoT stacks will scale infinitely, some Serpent Sting applications during gather before Volatile Bomb, and you can max out a Mongoose Bite window or Butchery into soon-to-end AoE (or, soon to fall below 5 targets) without worrying about Focus starvation afterwards if you have a Pheromone Bomb ready.

WFI’s not remotely invasive for single-target and only adds a bit of optimization for AoE.