Wild Arcana

Something needs to change with this world quest. Between someone camping the area with 40 powers or groups of players gatekeeping it, its not only annoying to complete, but simply not fun or engaging. It doesn’t matter how “good” of a PvPer you are, if someone is camping there with 40 buffs and 1mil HP, they will one shot everyone and are effectively unkillable.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

1. Limit the number of powers you can have to some small number, like 5.
  2. Once the world quest is complete, remove all powers from the player and do not allow them to acquire any while in the area of the world quest.
  3. Add some mechanic to the middle pillar that periodically clears everyones powers.
5 Likes

I concur. Having one enormous monster rolling around (literally) one shotting everyone with insane health is not fun.
For us.
Probably pretty fun for him.

3 Likes

Gimmick powers should be removed from the game and change them to capture the flag zones with factions intact

3 Likes

Since this quest is back on rotation, I feel like I have to raise these issues again.

It is not fun or engaging or anywhere close to fair to have people camping this area with full powers one shotting everyone.

3 Likes

Just do the quest with wm off my guy. People generally leave each other alone. Done in 5 minutes.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s fun for them either because what I observed lately is that all the high on drugs people with loads of powers are also pretty much invincible, so they can’t seem to kill one another.

The whole thing’s setup is like a bad version of prisoner’s dilemma where it would be better for everyone if nobody took the powers. But if you don’t take the powers and others do, you’re screwed (except rogues of course, it is our privilege never to get screwed). If everyone takes the powers, everyone is screwed.

Comically incompetent game design.

The only reliable way to complete this quest without lowering yourself to killing mobs is to be a rogue so you can pick unpowered people as they arrive in the area. (and laugh+vanish at the giant “hurr lol I 1 shoot you with my powas” idiots)

Since this quest is once again in rotation, in addition to its being spark week in the Azure Span, this issue has only gotten exponentially worse.

Now its just a rotating window of people getting tons of powers and camping at least 100 kills.

1 Like

Do the quest with warmode off. No sparks to be had, and no campers.

1 Like

Dude if it’s just the quest you’re after, then simply do it with warmode off. Hell I can even do it warmode on and it doesn’t take long.

2 Likes

So that’s how it works. I was wondering why when I tried it at 68 I died as soon as I flagged to a group of level 70s but later went back and no one was there. Is that why the gear I got doesn’t scale?

If sparks quest is in the same zone then I can make a party for it. But even if I’m doing it solo on an off-sparks day, it’s really not that bad.

1 Like

How can you on level 11 and I can’t on level 10?

This quest is absolute trash. One person with far too many powers can just run around indefinitely and one shot anyone who comes in without the gimmick powers, and thus ruin it for everyone. It’s a griefer’s paradise, and one of the least fun, least fair, least balanced things this game has to offer.

I tried to do this on a low-pop RP server, because it’s usually empty or fairly peaceful, but all this means is that one griefer has free rein to roadblock the quest for as long as they want to hang out.

Thanks, Blizz.

I haven’t found this to be an issue in a while now.

To be honest this was the first time I ran into this problem.
But still, it happened. One person, running around for hours, grossly overpowered and one-shotting anyone who came in. And because it was a low pop RP server and war mode wasn’t on, there weren’t a whole lot of people available to group up and do something about it. Just one person, endlessly running, keeping up their buffs, and essentially blocking anyone else from doing the world quest.

(Shame you can’t report for griefing, simply because making it impossible for other people to complete a quest feels pretty griefy to me…)

I finally had to go, turn on war mode, come back, and take my chances with all the people actively fighting in war mode, where there was at least a better chance of getting some lucky hits/quest progression in between deaths.

The real problem is that this is a world PvP quest that is A) available to anyone regardless of war mode status, and B) available to characters under max level, who can’t even obtain the gimmicky power-ups. I went in there as an underleveled alt and was surprised when I wasn’t allowed to use the power-ups.

This quest needs to be redesigned just to prevent it from being abused, at the very least.

1 Like

Eh, if you’re having that hard a time with it just forget about it.

Or, hear me out, Blizzard could actually put a tiny bit of thought into balancing this quest so that it’s not grossly broken.

Again, it’s ridiculous that -
A) It’s entirely possible for one person to actively stop all other players from completing it for an indefinite amount of time
B) Underleveled characters have access to a quest but not to the gimmicky powers that come with it, making them even more vulnerable.
C) It’s a world PvP quest that’s available outside of warmode – one of the extremely few that I know of.

That this exists, in its current state, is just ridiculous and broken. And yet as a source of potential upgrades and/or transmog and/or other rewards, it’s a temptation for players who wouldn’t otherwise PvP.

1 Like

ANDDDDD It’s still F… Broken!

It needs to be removed or fixed. I’ve even seen a hunter hovering in the air hitting people out of range for 2 mil. It needs to go or at the very least be balanced.
Make it so after someone kills you that you are immune to their damage until u attack them or something like that

imo if they just had the area be way bigger so you could avoid raid boss players, and gave incentives to fight other buffed players, that would make it actually pretty okay.