Wifi keeps getting reset

Hello,

For awhile, I kept having this problem where my wifi connection would drop when I’m playing WoW. Then about 30 seconds later it would reconnect. At first I thought this was just a hardware issue and that my card was dying.

But last week I was away on business and I had no problems the entire week when playing WoW. I come home again and the same problem starts, so I’m pretty sure it’s an issue with my router.

But what’s weird is that I’m almost positive this has something to do with using the Grand Expedition Mount. Whenever I try to transmog something using the mount, I can duplicate the wifi reset every time.

Anyhow, anyone have any experience with this?

We haven’t seen any thing specific to the mount. Based on the description it does sound like a potential problem with the router\modem. Is this a dual band router and does the network card on your laptop support both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks? If so, it may be worth testing both to see if there’s a difference between the two in-game.

May also look into disabling IPv6 and the optimize settings in the network settings in-game.

Past that, if the router\modem is provided by the ISP, you may want to see if they can be replaced.