Widowbloom not buyable on the Auction House due to bots?

1. One or more people/bots keeps listing/delisting/buying small cheap amounts of windowbloom making it impossible to actually click through and order. It has broken the Auction House for that item (on Sargeras, August 17th, 10:43 EST).

2. The support ticket run-around is so bad in-game I had to come to the forums to let you know someone was breaking your game.

3. I’m guessing the usual lack of transparency for resolutions is still standard operating procedure.

5 Likes

Unfortunately this isnt the proper place to report I think u can email hacks@blizzard.com with details im sure ill be corrected if im wrong wouldnt be the first. TBH theres still some issues with the AH atm so it mite be due to that.

1 Like

Marrowroot is also effected by the bots and unbuyable currently

Just wanted to point out that no user has any definitive proof that it’s bots messing with this. It’s also just as plausible (and probably more likely) that the auctions are just being bought out by normal people. When I was posting mats earlier they were pretty much gone within seconds. I wasn’t tossing up hundreds, but at most tens of items at a time at a time. Just the stuff I had from the mission table caches and the like.

Theres a lot more competition with the current AH, and that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the work of bots if something sells out near instantly.

I hope you’re able to get your reagants soon though, I’m sure things will settle down

1 Like

Widowbloom resets to 2 pieces at 14.49 and will lock there permanently as fast as you can click… you cant buy more and if anyone posts anything below that it is instantly bought out to 2 widowbloom at 14.49 exactly … anything more than 2 posted is instantly bought out and resets to 2

Marrowroot is locked at 1270 of them at 20.00 and anything posted under that is instantly bought out and resets to 1270 available at 20.00 exactly within 1-2 sec … you cannot buy those 1270 because it errors that they are no longer available but if you are lucky and see someone post something of a high quantity like 1000 you might be able to get a couple before the bots buy it all out and reset the price and quantity

I am pretty sure flasks are also price locked at 253.44 in the same fashion because as soon as I list any they are instantly bought out no matter how many I have listed.

2 Likes

With the new regionwide AH, there are a great many more people posting AND buying at any given time than players are used to. That does not equate those purchasing to being bots. You just are not used to the amount of players you are in competition with to purchase things now.

DO NOT do callouts on the forums. Please remove the name of the player.

Same and /bump

Its not about competition… people are trying to PURCHASE and they can’t… I’ve tried for 2 days now to craft and I can’t because I can’t buy the commodities I need.

A window used to pop up saying the auction was no longer available, do you wish to buy at X… that function is broken

I don’t care what price I buy at, I just want to buy and can’t

3 Likes

i thought I was the only one. I keep getting “the item isn’t available”

1 Like

If you click refresh over and over, you’ll see it’s someone posting then something getting listed then it’s gone in a split second faster than that’s humanly possible to buy it.

3 Likes

I have the same issue with Widowbloom. Trying to buy 200 and get this item is no longer available If you refresh, it keeps showing 1 or 2 at the top, almost like a bot keeps posting small amounts really quickly or someone trolling the auction house.

1 Like

I don’t think some of the commenters here (including OP) understand the actual issue. This thread is a little more accurate:

Has nothing to do with bots, and has nothing to do with the pace of listings and such since the merge. There are specific listings of multiple mats and commodities that are straight up bugged out.

1 Like

+1 I can buy all the other herbs fine just not widowbloom specifically.

It was like this yesterday too. I’m guessing they either have no idea it’s an issue, or they just can’t figure it out…but either way a blue post would be nice…

2 Likes

Still bugged. Exactly the same issue as posted about over the last 2 days. Can’t buy Widowbloom. 2 are listed at 14.49 but are impossible to buy.

3 Likes

It is STILL not working. It’s really starting to piss me off. Blizz needs to do something about it and I bet they could with the hit of a button. All I’ve seen so far is just the widowbloom, all other herbs for me are working. I’m on Velen. But had 2 other friends try on 2 different realms and it’s also not working for them. FIX THIS!!!

2 Likes

It’s affecting multiple other mats and consumables as well.

They’re supposedly looking into it.

2 Likes

No matter with or without addons (auctioneer), I am unable to purchase widowbloom. “This item is no longer available” even though it shows over 700,000 for sale. I think this IS a glitch and not a hack, related to the recent ah update. I was able to purchase other herbs. Trying to buy death blossom did the same thing until I bought 1-25 at a time. BUG/GLITCH