Whyvern Whelp, Primal Beetle, Duckling, Rock Snail?

My mother was such a savage. She always used to say to me, “Why can’t you be like your cousin Walter?”

Why can’t you be like your cousin Walter?

Cousin Walter died at birth!

End of gratuitous dad joke.

There are several pets available at Elianna in the Emerald Dream that state you must have certain pets in your collection before you can purchase the ones that Elianna is offering. The problem is, these pets don’t seem to exist. There isn’t even a space for them in my pet collection window.

To purchase Snorr, you must have a Whyvern [sic] Whelp in your collection. My pet collection window doesn’t even have a space for a Whyvern Whelp. Ditto with the Dreamborne Scarab, with requires a Primal Beetle.

Reverie requires a Duckling. I have duckling pets, but nothing named just “Duckling.” And again, the pet collection window has no space for such a thing. And finally, Drowsey requires a Rock Snail pet, which, again, doesn’t exist in the pet collection window.

According to Wowhead comments,

• summoning any Duckling, Quack-E, or Pilot in front of Elianna will unlock Reverie

• summoning Rithro will unlock Whyvern Whelp Snorr

1 Like

There are two beetle pets on the vendor in Zaralek Cavern that will work for the stag beetle, they require a certain level of renown with the Niffen though. Paulie and Rango; a Beatles reference :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you. I was looking on Wowhead for Whyvern Whelp and Primal Beetle. The stuff that they said you needed in your collection. I thought perhaps these were new pets to be released in a patch. I didn’t even think to look up Snorr.

I’ve been looking up the locked up pets, and it seems all I have to do is show them, even if I’m not buying the pet they unlock, and it unlocks it for me. So, I can buy them when I have enough Dream Essence.

And it seems for one them, I need the snails that are won in the races over there.

I wonder if Zoom would work. He’s a snail I won in a race.

Here’s a list of the pets that are the same model as the ones Elianna sells:

Dreamborne Scarab: Rango, Endmite, Paulie
Dreamhoof: Ivy, Juniper, Leyhart, Mitzy, Spruce
Drowsey: Bashful, Brulee, Cobbleshell, Diamondshell, Newsy, Roggy, Scarlapod, Thimblerig, Tricky
Memorie: Fol’ya Pup, Napps, Snoozles
Reverie: Mallard Duckling, Pilot, Plucky Duckling, Quack-E, Sergeant Quackers, Wild Duckling
Snorr: Rithro (introductory quest)
Somnolet: Dustite, Sapnibbler, Seedle

The ones you don’t get from the Dream itself you can probably get from Zaralek Caverns (which is also a very pet-rich zone). You’ll need to summon the pet in front of Elianna before she’ll sell you the Dream-infused version.

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this list. I think this will be very helpful for others who are just entering the Emerald Dream. It saves us the trouble of having to look up each one to find out what she needs before she coughs up the rest of the pets. Even better, I have something for every single pet she has.

I was afraid I’d have to start questing for the rest of the pets. Which I intend to do anyway, but I see now I don’t have to wait.

2 Likes