Why would the jailer keep them alive?

I found the 8.1 cinematic actually really cool …

And I’m not sure about that free maw ticket. If that would have been the plan for him, he would have just accopanied Sylvanas.
He was meant to be there for other reasons and since Tyrande should have been abducted aswell, she was not meant to send him there.

I think it is another one of the many spits in Sylvanas soup. Like Stormheim for example.

Doesn’t matter, a stalemate is not revenge for Teldrassil.

Burning Teldrassil and the war of thorns was a very clear Horde victory, whoever says something else is stupid.

Making Nathanos flee for that with all the power the Night Elves and their goddess can offer… what?

It doesn’t make a difference though. Nathanos was going to meet up with Sylvanas one way or another, and I can’t see any low quality ingame cutscenes anymore. Her Night Warrior transformation cutscene was soooo bad

First two things yes. Agree fully. Needs to be addressed and fixed still. Though Devs are seemingly doing so. They portrait Tyrande currently as a literal natural catostraphy for the Maw.
Let’s see how and when they screw it up again first.

I found the coutscene actually cool aswell.
Also I woulnd’t be surprised if Nathanos is not greeted with open arms in the maw but actually punished for failure.

If he gets send there at all. Tyrande is obviousl also capable of destorying souls completely.

We know for a fact that it isn’t one of those cutscenes, because those all appear in the PTR/Beta.

It will be a pre-redered cinematic that will feature nathanos’ death, we just don’t know if it is Terror of Darkshore quality or Sadsaurfang cgi quality.

1 Like

Tyrande gets impersonated at some point, and with the Nathrezim in play do we even really know that it is Thrall, Baine, and Jaina we are rescuing?

Also the same question can be asked of Sylvanas in BfA, she had every opportunity to kill “the best of the Horde” Baine and didn’t instead opting for an overly elaborate ostentatious trap. She could have used her death powers on Thrall, Anduin and Zekhan after she killed Saurfang and no one could have stopped her.

There’s either rhyme and reason or its just a cliche villain thing to do.

Awwwww… don’t tease me like that … seeing Tyrande in a cgi would be fullfilment of m dreams … but her killing Nathanos or Sylvanas in such a way … I would literally cry.

I don’t believe it will be the case to be honest, I’m waiting Terror of Darkshore quality levels, but who knows.

1 Like

My money is on ingame cutscene with goofy animstions.

CGI? Not the slightest chance. Pre rendered? Also inlikely since they see it as a waste of money to use it for a Night Elf

Hmmm, more like a pizza cutter, all edge, no point.

This thread started with an interesting question, but I guess it’s just another Nelf pity party thread now. Shame.

4 Likes

It is in fact not in-game animation, if it was the case, it would be in the PTR already like every other in-game real time rendered scene of the pre patch. It is going to be pre-rendered for sure.

3 Likes

So I’m thinking, and I could be wrong but I have a feeling that when we rescue a prince from the Maw it might not be the prince we think we’re rescuing. Perhaps its the right body, but not the right soul. Apparently Anduin has a new model that’s encrypted.

Given the dread lords are in play we might just find out what Mal’ganis has been up to since his brief cameo on the Broken Shore. I’ll take off the tin foil hat.

Yeah it definitely felt that the only reason why Sylvanas had the Jailers agents go after Baine was because he was the first one to actually stand up to Sylvanas by freeing Derek. So it feels like Sylvanas went after him for petty revenge instead of being a useful “asset” to the Jailers plans. Which is further aided by how the Jailer simply yeets Baine by the time we get to where he was. Meanwhile he kept Anduin in chains and set hundreds of Maw soldiers to try and recapture Thrall and Jaina.

1 Like

Maybe they’re finally gonna make Baine cool. Fist pump moment for the Horde.

The basic answer is that if you could just destroy souls without consequence and get that anima energy then the Maw would have no function and is just a horrible liability.

My main theory at the moment is that when a soul dies in a prime plane of a cosmic force that will is then reborn in the prime plane of another cosmological realm that most suites the alignment of that will.

Not saying soul since Shadowlands shows us the process of becoming part of a different plane such as mortal to Death can lead to you forgetting all but the core of your personality.

IIrc, in the intro, Baine mentions that Zovaal was overseeing their punishment, as if he were testing each of them for something.

Probably to lure the player characters there, because they’re the ones he really wanted and he knew they’d come to try and rescue them.

Kel’Thuzad: The dreadlords are the Lich King’s jailors…