Why wont Blizzard take action on the bots?

I cant think of a real reason why. They increase black lotus spawns and reintroduce layering before dealing with the actual problem which is botting.

8 Likes

You want the ugly truth?

It’s because they pay a subscription.

29 Likes

Source please!

Try reading any of the hundreds of threads here and on the subreddit about botting, including video and picture evidence.

7 Likes

None of which are valid as proof.

Only Blizzard knows who are actual bots and who are not.

Also multiboxers =/= bots

So, again, you cannot provide a source, therefore, do not make baseless claims.

THANKS!

4 Likes

Because Blizz does try to ban them, but they flex their muscles full of moola and Blizz is like ‘oh nah, we better not mess with them. they got muscles’.

Level 120 bootlickers, ain’t it just the best guys?

Do you ever make your own observations and deductions about the world, or just wait for an authority figure to issue prognostications?

5 Likes

Awww, you still doing the whole “post on your Classic toon” thing? That’s adorable.

Yes, I do. That’s why I’m telling you your claims are baseless.

YOU cannot prove who are bots and who isn’t. The only thing YOU can do is report and let Blizz take care of it.

We don’t have the tools to PROVE anything.

So stop making claims of knowledge you DO NOT HAVE.

1 Like

Because they don’t have the GM staff to track down and investigate all the claims of botting. From a legal standpoint, it is safer to let a bot go until they get man hours to track them down and determine positively that they’re a bot than to ban and then unban players who might be accused of botting because they’re either multiboxing or are just mindlessly farming and are getting things another player wants.

Yeah, this. Only reason I can think of. Surely a company as lucrative as Blizzard has the resources it needs to police its own servers. Surely they built in tools and programs to monitor and control their own servers. It would be stupid not to do so. Nor, do I believe they are so “understaffed” that they cannot effectively police their own servers and have to rely on paying players to do so.

All I can think of is that at the end of the day, the bottom line rules all when it comes to their reasoning.

Wow! Who knew that the automation armies actually had shils working for them?!?! This might explain why Blizzard turns a blind eye to them, they have their own PR people working for them! :wink:

Thanks.

3 Likes

We found another flat earther.

Anyone who thinks that there are not bots rampant on every server either doesn’t play or isn’t looking.

6 Likes

You have got to be joking. You only need to watch them to find out they’re bots, and yes - that’s the multiboxers too. They bot while multiboxing, usually with a Priest or Paladin, “pilot” but 4 Mages doing the bulk of the damage.

Their behaviour is incredibly obvious. They move in the same route, they keyboard turn, they ignore you completely in favour of attacking a new mob, they all run up to the mob and stand there for a few seconds to loot (even if they don’t get the tag), and they just facetank mobs. The ones at 60 also go in and out of instances all day every day. Who is multiboxing 24/7?

And that’s ignoring the singular bots. They’re in every zone, from 1-60.

I can think of one reason – because it’s impossible. Blizzard has been trying for 16 years now, and has not found an effective way to “eliminate bots”.

I’ve read stories about banning cheating accounts – and the same cheater has lots of other accounts, and uses them. According to what I’ve read, banning doesn’t stop cheating – it just delays it for 10 to 15 minutes.

That makes a lot more sense (to me personally) than “oh, they could easily eliminate all bots…but they won’t, for some reason”.

Of course I hope that changes – I hope Blizzard finds a way and does it. Even if it reduces botting (not 100% eliminates it), it’s worth doing.

Yea that or cause every bot account pays 15 bucks a month and banning em means
-15 bucks a month.

They do not care.

2 Likes

Corporations are mostly concerned with profits?
What do you mean they wont lift a finger especially when you’re still paying as well!
How could this happen?

Everyone’s got a price.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

None of the threads on the forums regarding botting seem to offer any repeatable steps for independent verification.

I suspect this is far from truth.

What better form of independent verification than going there and looking for yourself?

You saw the video that’s been posted right?

I personally think they can’t be so incompetent that they don’t know of the bots.

1 Like

Probably primarily due to man power but the fact that the hundreds of bot accounts are worth $15 a piece surely doesn’t help.

3 Likes

Bingo. Put little in, reap the profit from bot subscriptions. Pity lots of those are from stolen credit cards.