Why won't Blizzard aggressively ban bots and flyhacks?

There are flyhack hunters that do dire maul from level 56-60 killing the king over and over.

Any legit player has to seaforium charge and invis pot to do it. Plus hours and days of practice. Every bot allowed to do this devalues every real player’s efforts.

I do not understand why Blizzard has failed to curtail the botter/flyhacker problem in classic.

2 Likes

They don’t care. I give it 10 minutes before your designated Blizzard Internet Defence Force drone arrives to tell you that Blizzard actually does ban millions of boys everyday.

4 Likes

Then they should make the bots/exploits that they don’t ban available for everyone. Why let only a few people ruin the game. Let’s go all in on it.

1 Like

Blizzard won’t patch an exploit out or ban anyone for an exploit they can’t reproduce in their own internal testing, no game company will.

Saying “I see bots” or “I think there are bots” isn’t specific enough and it’s obvious that the people that are actually botting are using numerous methods to do so and always trying to stay 1 step ahead of Blizzard. Everytime Blizzard figures out their methods they’ve already made a bunch of new accounts and are already 1 step ahead figuring out a new way to remain undetected.

1 Like

They’re not willing to make the hard choice, which is limited max number of accounts per person. That’s the only real way to get rid of bots. That’s the reason all the chinese botters come to NA. NetEase requires your government ID to create an account, sorta like your DL or SSN.

It’s not as easy to spoof as an IP address. It’s a 19 digit alphanumeric assigned to you till you die. No buying a million accounts to indirectly buy more gold, buy more power. No buying more accounts when you get banned from botting. It’s a wrap for you.

You’d have to go out and procure another government ID to bot or play on. That alone makes it unprofitable to bot Chinese servers. The only ones who bot over there aren’t professionals and small companies like the ones we have over here on NA servers. In china it’s just some computer science or engineering students here and there doing it for fun. They get caught eventually and they quit. Or they just come over to EU/NA.

They won’t go 1 or 2 accounts per person because they’d lose too much money, totally unacceptable from a business point of view.

1 Like

All seriousness aside… someone please give me the Gnome “Name” Equivalent for the Blizzard Internet Defense Force Drone!!! Please!!

Why?

Short and correct answer is it’s impossible to say without inside information. Anyone telling you otherwise is blowing smoke.

Could be for financial reasons. Perhaps they consider the return on investment to not be worth it. Maybe they want the revenue from the bot subscriptions and so they ban them nice and slow like just for appearances.

Could be the problem is far more complicated than anyone realizes. Nobody knows the inner workings of their software other than people who work there and I’m sure they’re under a non-disclosure agreement. A solution that’s simple for one MMO could be far more complicated for another.

Could be the amount of red tape at Blizzard is just so darn much that they can only move at a snail’s pace.

Who knows?

2 Likes