Why were in-game GMs removed?

I remember when tickets didnt take months to answer. When a cool gm gave me a free faction change cuz all my friends switched without my poor self

3 major key factors here.
1- Players abused GMs, Because GMs were human and empathetic, they would go above and beyond to assist a player and basically fix or refund things that normally should not of been. Making it a $ net loss.
2- HR/PR must have been a NIGHTMARE and I can only imagine all the politics of today and disagreements that were going on making the workplace a toxic environment. (as we witnessed and I won’t even state here).
3- Money $$. From a business standpoint it’s nothing but a loss in money for the company. So much, that even a couple hundred thousand would off-set to just use AI and automation.
Blizzard’s market cap is currently 74.28 Billion. Even if they only had to pay a real human team of 5-10 people in total salary 1-2 million it would still not be worth as a business move.
We the players suffer and the integrity of the game and future for the company dwindles. But they are capitalizing into the new ERA before it’s over.
EDIT: The automation system is actually really good for what it is. The only problem with it is when real player issues happen. So all we can do is adapt and take extra caution in what we do.

Replying to an August last-year post?

We really need an “after 2 months without a comment this post will be closed” setup for GD.

4 Likes

bobby wanted to save a dollar

I just want to know how people find these threads. Some of them make sense, like they were googling an issue they had. I guess that could conceivably be the case with this one.
But some of them are just so out-of-left-field necronomics that I just don’t understand how you find a thread that old.

edit:: just realized the necromancer was answering the question. he probably did not google it just to answer it.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better you can still find GM toons on the armory randomly :nerd_face:.

who hurt you 0_0

My cat, recently. Damn those sharp little claws, but thanks for asking. Haz bandaid?